Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine compartment metal needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
I need a small piece of engine compartment metal to replace the piece that was cut out to make room for the AC compressor. Is there a junk yard in So Cal or does someone have a car I can cut on?

Thanks, Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(whitey @ Jun 11 2007, 08:29 AM) *

I need a small piece of engine compartment metal to replace the piece that was cut out to make room for the AC compressor. Is there a junk yard in So Cal or does someone have a car I can cut on?

Thanks, Dave

If the rest of the shelf is good, I would just patch the metal with new stock sheetmetal and purchase a new factory "c" channel and spot weld in.
You of course could purchase the complete engine shelf with c channel but I think that that would be overkill
rhodyguy
the pass side of the shelve is mirror image of the driver's side. make a template and oversize the demensions of the piece needed. slide the template to find the section shape you need. the green piece pictured is off of a dr side shelve. post a wtb in the classifieds. someone should have the portion you need on a parts car. i note a car is being sawalled in the classifieds. you might inquire in that ad.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.