Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No PC - but some new paintwork
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
Stopped in to check on the paintwork that was just laid down on the xk140. It is pretty amazing - nearly perfect before any rub out at all.
This car has been a monster in terms of the body. The frame and mechanicals were completed nearly a year ago. You have to paint the bottom of the car, engine compartment, interior, trunk and door jambs all prior, then fit the body to the chassis because it flexes so much. The initial paint on the underside was done in February. It been a long process to get all the body lines dialed in - again.
It comes home next Saturday and we will start putting it back together. That will probably take another year!
Scott S
Scott S
effutuo101
WOW! Scott, this has come a long way since you bought it. Looking good!
Chris
Scott S
Here is the body on the rack
Ferg
drooley.gif

I'll help FERG.gif when the time comes.

Ferg
Scott S
Back from powder coat:
Scott S
the motor:
watsonrx13
Scott, absolutely beautiful..... cool_shades.gif

Do you have a before shot when you first purchased it?

Great job restoring an excellent example of a true British classic.... smilie_pokal.gif

-- Rob
Gint
Putting new clean shiny painted/plated/powdercoated parts back together is so much fun

Looks nice Scotty!
scotty b
NICE I have an E-type to do soon, and in the owners werds...." I don't want a show car...I want a show WINNING car" That's what I like to hear smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.