Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think guys yay or nay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Either I take more time to weld up the reflector holes or install a new ghost reflector. I can always sell the reflector, I would like to get this car done sometime and all these extra jobs to do keep me from it.
If i do go without the reflector do you think it would be better to reweld a back panel in or weld up the holes. I have a few extra back pieces. welder.gif
iamchappy
w00t.gif
GaroldShaffer
I like it without the reflector.
spare time toys
I like it with the reflector. I would paint under it black so it would not have the thin orange stripe just over the bumper though. JMHO thumb3d.gif
iamchappy
I should of made this a poll
GWN7
I like it both ways.......build another car...one with and one without... smile.gif

if you didn't like it, you wouldn't have asked.....leave it for now and go for a drive sooner. You can always change it next year.
iamchappy
Qarl said he liked it also.. I kinda like the Spartan look of it without though. With the
spoiler it does sort of smooth out the transition nice.
SGB
You could consider black (see avatar)

I actuallu like it better with the reflector, but it would seem more refined (IMO) to have the reflector flush with the surfave of the tail lights. Are they all recessed? If I had the reflector, I think I would paint the strip above the bumper top black as well (not so for the black panel on my car but I must be sorta confused).
So.Cal.914
IMHO it looks clean with the 914-6.
Grimstead
Can you guess what my vote is? Still need to add the '914' & 2.0' emblems, just can't find any with the tabs allready off (can't bring myself to bust them off new ones).

iamchappy
Never thought of nothing, I like it..
LarryR
Another vote for no reflector ... sweet car btw
Eric_Shea
nada... but, I'm a weirdo that way.

My first teener had one... so many hassles.
jimtab
No reflectors please....
PeeGreen 914
I had issue with one in the past and have hated them since then. Besides your car looks great the way it is.
914-8
IPB Image

That is perfection.

You will ruin it with that reflector.
rick 918-S
idea.gif confused24.gif idea.gif confused24.gif With that color I like them both. If it were mine..... nay biggrin.gif

With Black....nay I say! av-943.gif
Brando
I like with... Get the rear cable release and you're set. A reflector with black lettering would look better imho, as opposed to the ghost reflector which you can't read.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I'm a fan of the reflector. I had one on my previous teener (with cable release) and never had a problem.

Car looks good either way thumb3d.gif
jonferns
NAY
woobn8r
They both look good...but the reflector gives it that '80's look...if that's what yer after...If'n it were me...I say No reflector.

If you can't leave it alone....I like Grimsteads solution.
iamchappy
I need to show you guys what I have to do to make it nay, as the car you have been looking at is a figment of my photoshopmagnation.
TJB/914
My vote is plain with the 914-6 emblem.

Flaunt it to the world, I am a bad ass 914-6 & money was no object getting it done. popcorn[1].gif 914-6's are special!!!

Tom
iamchappy
then am I better off welding up the holes, or weldiing in a rear panel.
914-8
I'd just weld up the holes.

And weld up the holes that someone drilled in the front fenders while you are at it.
iamchappy
Fender holes stay as they are there for the side marker lights.
I want to drive my car again I dont plan on reworking the fiberglass flares by filling up those holes.
Welding up the reflector holes is going to be enough of a setback.
iamchappy
Ive decided what to do. I am going to leave the holes and cut one of my extra rear panels to fit and fasten studs so I can have either way. Or smooth and paint my extra reflector panel and paint it the body color.
Chris Pincetich
I think the reflector is the shizzzlleeee - WITH USA lights. If you're gonna use the EURO lenses with orange, it matches the paint, and doesn't flow as well with the reflector. Orange car, EURO lenses, no reflector beerchug.gif

BTW, did you say "so I can finish the car?" Will it ever be really done? laugh.gif
Chuck
chappy,

If you decide not to use your reflector, let me know as I would like to put one on my car. Plus, I am local and could swing by and pick it up and talk cars with ya. drunk.gif

Thanks,
Chuck
JmuRiz
QUOTE(914-8 @ Jun 11 2007, 08:39 PM) *

IPB Image

That is perfection.

You will ruin it with that reflector.

agree.gif
iamchappy
Chuck any time, I have extra sanders.
TROJANMAN
It's kind of like putting Escalade Rims on a Tahoe laugh.gif

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 11 2007, 08:24 PM) *

My first teener had one... so many hassles.

ph34r.gif
Click to view attachment
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Chuck @ Jun 12 2007, 10:18 AM) *

chappy,

If you decide not to use your reflector, let me know as I would like to put one on my car. Plus, I am local and could swing by and pick it up and talk cars with ya. drunk.gif

Thanks,
Chuck

Yes, better to allow someone else to use it smile.gif
nein14
here's mine smile.gif
BigDBass
I prefer the no reflector look myself. Glad you're leaning that way!
'Cause
Really bad with it, don't put it on, ...send it to me!
bbrown
No reflector.
nein14
better pic smile.gif
mrhurtalot
i like that reflector, whats it off of?
1970 Neun vierzehn
Reflectors are for tail draggers, keep the rear of the 914 "clean"
BigDBass
QUOTE(nein14 @ Jun 12 2007, 02:51 PM) *

better pic smile.gif

Ooh, copy his! That's sweet! w00t.gif
iamchappy
Ghost reflector for a 74 - 79 911 it needs to be cut down to fit but it's brand new and I could turn it over for some good change if I choose not to use it, I have a black letter
reflector also that was on the car when I bought it, but it's in only fair shape.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 12 2007, 07:10 AM) *

I need to show you guys what I have to do to make it nay, as the car you have been looking at is a figment of my photoshopmagnation.

I forgot about the holes. I say Yay
Chuck
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jun 12 2007, 09:35 AM) *

Chuck any time, I have extra sanders.

I will be moving here in the next few weeks. After that I'd be happy to swing over and help out some weekend. Your project is further along than mine and I'd likely learn a thing or two along the way.
db9146
Hey Chappy,

What about the spoiler? Did you cut it into the three pieces (fender piece, center on trunk lid, and fender piece) or did it come that way?

BTW, I like the ghost reflector.

Dee
iamchappy
It came that way from the previous owner, but it was cut into three as described.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.