Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Ashtrays are they the holygrail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
i browse a few classified/auction sites ( as i assume most of you do) and it is painfully obvious that i didn't realize there is a 914 Ashtray thief out there.

and the worst part is he is driving up the cost of said ashtrays to the point where you might as well buy a complete parts car as the ashtray alone will recoup the cost

what are your thoughts ... has anyone else seen the Ashtray thief?
SGB
never experienced an ashtray shortage. I think Rusty (Lawrence) may have one fron our sawzall party. You could send a PM... smile.gif
Coy
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 11 2007, 09:08 PM) *

never experienced an ashtray shortage. I think Rusty (Lawrence) may have one fron our sawzall party. You could send a PM... smile.gif

Otherwise, Nate over at 914-Parts.com has ashtrays for $5.

iamchappy
I have a bunch of them, they can be made into cup holders.
scotty
It's probably due to the fact that they fly out and become dangerous projectiles when you get rear-ended hard (my experience) -- mine bounced off the backpad and flew out the top landing about 15 feet from where I ended up.
Dr Evil
Oh crap! The theif got me! My ashtray is gone biggrin.gif
G e o r g e
the samba tray

ebay trays

I'm not looking to buy, but others must be blink.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(scotty @ Jun 11 2007, 09:20 PM) *

It's probably due to the fact that they fly out and become dangerous projectiles when you get rear-ended hard (my experience) -- mine bounced off the backpad and flew out the top landing about 15 feet from where I ended up.

Warning: The surgeon General has determined that flying ashtrays can be
hazardous to your health.
Rand
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 11 2007, 09:30 PM) *

Oh crap! The theif got me! My ashtray is gone biggrin.gif

I have a dash top with ashtray. I'd be willing to trade you straight across - Ya know, just to help out.
happy11.gif

Very nice.

roundboy914
How do you make them into cup holders???
Rand
Do a search for cupholder +ashtray and a few threads will turn up....

Link to some threads
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.