drunk.gif
VaccaRabite
Many Thanks! drunk.gif

Zach
Rick L
thumb3d.gif Alright! Let's get it on!

So far, we have:
Tentative date: Sept. 15th.

Location: Patapsco appears to be booked up. I like the idea of Centennial Park - It's huge w/multiple pavillions. The only drawbacks may be price and no camping. Columbia, as Zach mentioned, has several of these lakeside facilities. My Question is this: is there anyone compelled to move this further south? Virginia is more centralized, but will make organization from here (MD/PA) more difficult.

Committee: Rick, Zach, Matt & Scott and I may have Herb

Concept: Large P-car gathering, 30-50 cars. Grilling is a must, camping is a plus. One day event?

Events: (Ideas) Meet & Greet, Vendor Tables, Games (volleyball, frisbee, whatever), contests (best car, most mods, nothing snobby!), raffle (50/50, parts, products, maybe a charity benefit).

Immediate Needs:
Generate/Poll for Interest,
Gather resources for funding and supplies
Solidify a date (Matt noticed that ECC has conflicted with other Club/World events)
Contact Vendors and get participation (and sponsorship)
Solidify the venue - hopefully this week
Pick one or more charity(s) - if we want.
Pick Kerry's brain and pockets for his resources and past ECC stuff.

I'm sure I've missed things. Give me your thoughts, knowledge, ideas, anything you feel useful. I expect your honest opinions and I check my feelings at the door. alfred.gif
Thank you in advance for your help, beerchug.gif
Rick
VaccaRabite
Does Sept 15th conflict with other Club/World dates?

One thing I would like to do, to get maximum exposure, is to have the ECC endorsed by both the World and Club. While most of the people check here more then there, there are folks over there that are not over here. I'd tend to want to include NARP and Roadglue as well, but I don't know if they have ANY members in the east that are not already members of World or Club.

Also, I have been looking into other parks, and so far Centennial seems to be the best I can find. There are lots of places that would serve as well in NoVa as well,but I am not familiar with any of them. We should probably try and secure some place ASAP or risk having it fill up before we can get it.

The big pavilions at patapsco fill up way in advance. sad.gif Those would have been so choice. Maybe for 2008.

Zach
ws91420
The last one in VA had under 30 914's there. If I knew I would be settled in the house I would suggest mine but probably will still be unpacking. Someones house with an area that some wrenching could occour may be better than a public park area.
VaccaRabite
Matt, plas76targa, has offered up his place in Frederick MD. He says hes got the space. I say we should take him up on his offer. That gives us a date and a place.

Zach
ws91420
Sounds good to me.
VaccaRabite
Hey Rick,

We have two options on the table right now (that I am aware of). Matt's house in Frederick MD, and Centenial park in Columbia. When you sign off on either one, I'll get it published out to the World and Club.

Zach
Rick L
Sounds good. I'm waiting on a call-back from a "friend" at HC Parks & Recs. I expect them to call early tomorrow so we can post by the weekend. I'm willing to use Matt's place but am worried about innundating his household with this many people. If Centennial doesn't look promising we'll use Matt's place.
Rick L
Here's a question for all: How would folks feel about a $20 cover charge that gets you a shirt and a raffle ticket? The excess would help pay for the food, commercial beer, our brewmaster's hops, etc.

Another option would be sell the shirts at cost and have a 50/50 raffle.

As it sits, I've promised Kerry and a couple of other contributors free shirts. The same applies to you all for your help.

Kerry's only real bitch about doing this gig is the outlay of cash and having to beg for donations to recoop.

I also need to have an idea of how much cash you've put out to date. You can pm me with the numbers. the outlay for the shirts was just under $600 for 50 shirts. (Future shirts will cost less, as $160 of this is art fees).

This includes brew-meisters supplies, if you wish!

I've got several parts I'm donating to the raffle, Kerry is sending several items, and 3 engine seals from Mark (Mikey 914).
I'm working on talking several other member vendors into discount vouchers for their products as well.
What do you all need, if anything. Remember, I'm new at this.
ws91420
I would kick in for something like that unfortunately I will not be able to attend work has a super sale scheduled that w/e which means me being management has to work. If you decide to do the $20 dollar raffle shirt thing I will buy a chance and or shirt.
Rick L
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 5 2007, 11:44 PM) *

I would kick in for something like that unfortunately I will not be able to attend work has a super sale scheduled that w/e which means me being management has to work. If you decide to do the $20 dollar raffle shirt thing I will buy a chance and or shirt.

DAMN! sad.gif WTF.gif They've got some nerve, scheduling a sale on our weekend!

I'll make sure you get a shot at whatever we end up deciding. (Cryptic enough?) happy11.gif
zymurgist
I am not a lawyer, so my legal opinion won't carry any weight... but I do believe that we can collect money only for food, shirts, raffle tickets, etc. I don't think that we can accept any money for alcohol (homebrewed or commercial) as that would require a license.

That said, we have a couple of guys donating money, a couple of vendors donating items, Matt providing the venue... I would consider my homebrew to be a donation (specifically because I cannot by law exchange it for money but I'm happy to provide it as a free refreshment).
plas76targa
Lets put a jar out for donations. At this point might seem odd to require an entry fee. My $.02

I'll buy the main dish for food and we'll have rolls, plates, cutlery (plastic) along with it. I may rent a tent/covering - need to check prices.

getting really close. I've busting my arse on a proposal lately hardly time to look at the posts and stay up with who's coming etc..

see you all next week
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.