Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog light grill polish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I thought the chrome was gone on my grills. I tried polishing them by hand, but nothing shone through. I then took my dremel with the polish attachment for about 30 minutes and was able to recover some nice looking chrome under all of the corrosion. I think to do both grills would take me about 4 hours using the dremel and chrome polish. Anyone have a technique to get these guys clean a little faster? I would use steel wool, but that seems to put light scratches in the finish. All thoughts are appreciated.
beer3.gif
messix
i used flitz polish and a tooth brush, and a couple of hours while sitting in front of the boob tube.

lots of elbow greese.
STL914
I polished up a set using tooth paste applied with a tooth brush under running water. Took some time but they cleaned up nicely. Oh, flossing is optional! biggrin.gif
914Sixer
I paid $40 each and had them rechromed. They put 3 layers of material, copper, zinc and then chrome. They came back polished. Much heavier and more durable that the orignal.
Ferg
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 12 2007, 02:43 PM) *

I paid $40 each and had them rechromed. They put 3 layers of material, copper, zinc and then chrome. They came back polished. Much heavier and more durable that the orignal.

Where? idea.gif

Ferg
jonferns
are all your fog light grills metal, or plastic??? mine is the grill w/out fog light, and is plastic...the chrome paint is peeling....what to do, what to do....--JON
markb
Before you do anything, soak them a few days in Simple Green. You'll be suprised how much gunk comes off.
SGB
Dishwasher.
914Sixer
My grills were the plastic ones. I will have to look up the place that I had them done. They even did the plastic rear bumper plugs for me. I found them in Hemmings Motor News under services.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.