Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR from the Northwest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
I talked to Curt this morning (greenie) and he is leaving Thrusday morning. Who else is driving down and when? Curt was hoping for a caravan if possible.
biggrin.gif
greenie
Hey Chis & McMark,

Sorry I can't haul the T-Shirts , even with two trunks not a lot of space.

I talked with Brad at the XXX Show & Shine event, he was planning on leaving Thursday also?

Me & my wife plan on getting out of Seattle about 12:00 noon ( possibly a little earlier) Thursday.

That puts me in Portland about 3:00, with plans to drive on to Grants Pass for the night.

Do these plans work for anyone else?

Curt

Cell 425-681-5438
McMark
Brad K is bringing them! smilie_pokal.gif Thanks all you guys for making the trek... it's gonna be a blast.
JRust
I can't make the trip down. Flippin sucks but my bro is graduating on saturday & I need to go. sad.gif

On the other hand if any of you WA guys coming thru need a place to crash I have room. I live in Corvallis & am only off I5 about 10 minutes on hwy 34. I've got an extra room with it's own bathroom. You just have to deal with me, my wife & my 3 kids. Sounds like you want to stop further south. Just thought I would throw the invite out just in case. Or if you run into any car trouble give me a call. Be happy to help in any way. Love to talk 914's & have 2 sitting in my garage! Neither run of course. -Jamie 541-510-086 pizza914@gmail.com
rhodyguy
consider pushing on to ashland at a minimum on your first day. it's not that much futher and it gives you a nice headstart in the am.

k
RoadGlue
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 13 2007, 08:16 AM) *

consider pushing on to ashland at a minimum on your first day. it's not that much futher and it gives you a nice headstart in the am.

k

I drive up to Ashland about once a year for a car event up there and it takes me about 6 hours to get from here to there from Sonoma County. You guys should go through Lake County on your way in. It takes the same amount of time and is a GREAT drive. Let me know if you want the route and I'll post some directions.

--Randy
rhodyguy
i was going to suggest all the way to willows ca but they're not leaving seattle/bellevue early enough. that's a fair days drive to/from tacoma. the flat land south on I-5 is pretty boring. if you get stuck in a line of semis, it's REAL boring when you can't merge to the inside lane with every vehicle bearing down on you @85.

k
RoadGlue
Here's my highly recommended route from Ashland to Rohnert Park when you want to get here in a hurry but want an interesting, twisty drive while avoiding the I-80 traffic you'll get when going the recommended yahoo route:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q2=lower+...5548&mag=11

I've gone this route twice in as many months.

If you had time to kill, then I'd recommended going from Ashland down I-5, crossing in at 96, and then going 101 from Eureka all the way to Rohnert Park. Awesome drive, but it takes an extra day to really enjoy it.
effutuo101
That is a pretty drive. Have fun all! and post pictures!
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.