Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
Dr Evil and Crash914 will appreciate this. I finally got that darned fuel pump removed. The first of two nuts holding it on came off easily. Why is it always the remaining item that puts up the good fight? Every time I turned the nut the stud would turn with it. how to beat this problem? I took the other nut and 'borrowed' a third one from the ground at the left front headlight, backed those two together real tight to hold the stud and tediously worked on the stubborn last nut. beerchug.gif
Not an easy task in the stock location!

now to test the used FP I have and get put it all back together. Cross my fingers and on to the next problem.

Anyone have a picture of the stock rubber mounts for a fuel pump on a 72?

Dr Evil
About damn time rolleyes.gif Dont for get to put oil in your tranny....have you done that yet?

Didnt I have to engineer your mount and stuff? Its been so long I forget. wink.gif What do you need now?
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 13 2007, 09:53 AM) *

About damn time rolleyes.gif Dont for get to put oil in your tranny....have you done that yet?

Didnt I have to engineer your mount and stuff? Its been so long I forget. wink.gif What do you need now?

yep - way overdue. oil is in tranny already. Not sure what you did to the mount other than comment it's fuey. The left side as you look at the pump - towards front or the car, wasn't even mounted or had pulled out. The rear screw was holding the whole thing on. Guess I need to see what is SHOULD look like, thus the request for pics of the stock mount - preferrably with the fule pump removed.

how'd yer test go?
type47
i think there are 2 FP rubber mounts available. the OEM is round and goes for about $24 and the other has like a 6 sided rubber part that goes for $6. don't quote me on the prices.
Dr Evil
You can probably get the shock mounts at your FLAPS or Home Depot for low $.
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 14 2007, 07:28 AM) *

You can probably get the shock mounts at your FLAPS or Home Depot for low $.

Thanks Jim / Mike for the replies. there's a FLAPs right around the corner from work. I'll take the busted stock part with me and see what they have.
Marlow
$24 for the round ones? ouch!

Not sure if these are OEM but $4.12 sounds better to me. Fuel Pump Mount

plas76targa
Joel - awesome. I just ordered two... I'll let you all know how they work!

this place is great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.