Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinyl on the floor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I have seen a vinyl floor kit available and only like one pic of a car with it.

Was this an option or later years thing?

My'70 had original perlon when I ripped it out, no vinyl. If the vinyl is used, do I have to get the carpet edges bound? blink.gif

Is it a clean look? Anyone have pics of the vinyl in place? or pics of the whole carpeted interior floor without the seats?

Car is black on black. Thanks, Gary
URY914
Do you mean rubber floor mats?

Never seen vinyl.
7TPorsh
Here is the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...sspagenameZWDVW

Item: 160127180147
URY914
That appears to be the soundproofing that is applied to the sheetmetal of the floors. It was painted along with the rest of the car so it may not look like it's there. Often times water gets below it and rust starts and than it pops up and you can scrape it out with a paint scraper and screwdriver.
watsonrx13
Paul, I think that is the vinyl that goes underneath the seats and/or carpet...

Gary, you can check out my website for more information... www.tampabay914.com

IPB Image

-- Rob
URY914
naugihyde
7TPorsh
So it goes under the carpet and doesn't show? Interesting, why use a finished "naugahyde" smile.gif
morph
naugihyde? umm no its just a marine vinyl.
this is one of our products . the factory installed this to cover the "exposed areas"
that the carpet does not cover around the seats and center tray. this has been present on every 914 we have ever dissasembled.i can safely say it was a factory item on all cars from 70- 76.it was on every 70 we have ever pulled apart. here is a photo of a 73 in our yard of cars that shows where it goes. there are two other spots on the interior that they put vinyl to cover "blank spots" as well
james
7TPorsh
So The carpet kits i see everywhere don't cover the entire floor?

Are the carpet edges bound? All the pics I have seen don't have carpeting.

Any pics of a finished installation? thanks
tyler
That's correct, the vinyl covers some visible areas where the carpet doesn't. I bought the vinyl kit and put it away for when I did carpet but couldn't figure out where it went. After the carpet kit was installed, it became very obvious what the vinly was for. When you look in the interior you can see the white paint against the black carpet in several places but especially between the door sill ledge and the passenger seat. since I have extra carpet, I'm going to put carpet in where the vinyl would ordinarily go. If it isn't clear to you yet I can go take and post a picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.