Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: enngine/trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nohair
dry.gif Hello- after reading about using the Subaru engine/trans as a unit into the 914 and it sounds like a good way to go- it got me to thinking about using a front wheel drive engine trans- IE: Vw turbo 4 with trans- question I have is will the entire engine/trans be able to mount in the engine compartment with out too much cutting- I have not had a chance to do any measuring but I thought I would ask here- there is a very large amount of knowledge here!!!
thanks very much
nohair(really) biggrin.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(Nohair @ Jun 13 2007, 10:48 AM) *

dry.gif Hello- after reading about using the Subaru engine/trans as a unit into the 914 and it sounds like a good way to go- it got me to thinking about using a front wheel drive engine trans- IE: Vw turbo 4 with trans- question I have is will the entire engine/trans be able to mount in the engine compartment with out too much cutting- I have not had a chance to do any measuring but I thought I would ask here- there is a very large amount of knowledge here!!!
thanks very much
nohair(really) biggrin.gif

I think the attraction that the Suby powerplant holds is the fact that it's a spiritual successor to the TIV engine with the same boxer engine config. Most FWD inline 4 engines/trans packages don't suit themselves for easy installation into a 914. With that said and out of the way,, If you have a particular affection for a certain front wheel drive engine,, it will take your own creative engineering,, and that's not a bad thing. I wish you good luck with your project,, but you should know your abilities before you take the big plunge.

-Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.