Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the 914 action in San Diego?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I received this message through personal email…can we help our brother out? I think Fred is referring to our local 9:14 breakfasts…Who knows San Diego?

Subj: 914 in the southland?
Date: 12/10/2003 4:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:
Reply-To:
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Jeff,

Is there an equivalent to your group in Socal? Seems like the San Diego
PCA doesn't care about VW/Porsches

Fred
Brad Roberts
He is correct.

SD region is ran by the POC for the most part. Lots of Porsche people down there.. some of them on this BBS.

Tell him to join here and locate some of the SD guy's to hang out with. I know of one 914 with a V8 (friend who moved from TX)

B
Red-Beard
wavey.gif
Brad Roberts
That is TWO 914 owners in SD clap56.gif

Come on SD people speak up.

We wont hold it against you if you live in PB/OB/MB area...

B
JeffBowlsby
Wheres Jeff Keyser...hes a happenin sort a guy...Even though recently relocated, surely he knows all the local action...
Red-Beard
What do you want to know?

Herb Meeder, Myself, Sean Malloy, John Rogers, Mike Lesniak, and lots of other characters around San Diego.

If you come to San Diego, you must go to Symbolic Motors in La Jolla.

And of course, there is always a Baja run...

MB and PB are pretty much the same. OB, that is another world. Well, north PB is different --> Baja La Jolla.

We usually get together every few months at where ever Herb is working beer3.gif chairfall.gif . And of course there are the Baja runs. Mexico being so close, we run down to Ensenada on some of the back roads MDB2.gif . If you need help fixing a car, we're always doing that smash.gif . I'm installing the Blonds engine this weekend.

Jeff has been banned for the bad sense of moving away. Sorry Jeff.

James givemebeer.gif
Brad Roberts
I need some more warning on the 914 Run thru Mexico.

Can we drive to PV ?? I have access to a 6 bedroom villa built on the ocean complete with wait staff and the works. Fellow 914 owner/close friend of mine owns it.

B
john rogers
914 character? Hummm, I guess I am since I own two of the funny cars.
Red-Beard
There is a coastal road down the East side of the Sea of Cortez. I looked into driving there so catch the train from the Sea of Cortez through the Copper Canyon over to Chihuahua. AAA has maps of Mexico.

I haven't driven into Mexico farther than Punta Banda. But Westies run down Baja all the time. I think the paved roads are no where near as bad as people think. The unpaved roads are another story. I drove my jeep down a dirt road short cut and the entire thing was rippled, like a 10 mile rumble strip.

I will be dropping 4 hours south into Mexico on the Pan American Highway in 2 weeks. I'll let you know after that.

James
Mockmaw
I'm a San Diego 914 guy, but I'm lurking until my car is operable once again.
siverson
San Diego here too!

-Steve
skline
I'm not a San Diego guy but I have a 914 and I like all the guys down there so I hang with them every chance I get. Great bunch of guys. Been to several event with them.
mightyohm
BANNED???!!!

I'm hurt.

pissoff.gif

Really.
meursault
So uh, I'm another San Diegan. Not too active, but I'm here.

I've spoken up. Whaddaya want? cool.gif
resquemedic
Hey...pssss...over here -- Another San Diego guy.

Paul
Brad Roberts
It appears we have quite a few SD people in the house.

B
Red-Beard
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Dec 11 2003, 05:38 PM)
BANNED???!!!

I'm hurt.

pissoff.gif

Really.

Geez Jeef, take a pill....

beerchug.gif

OK, you can come on the next Baja run....But you have to bring the girlfriend
mightyohm
No hard feelings James. I haven't been back since I moved in August. I'll be down early next year for a wedding. Maybe we can grab a beer somewhere. PS: The gf will be with me too. wub.gif
Red-Beard
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Dec 14 2003, 10:38 AM)
No hard feelings James. I haven't been back since I moved in August. I'll be down early next year for a wedding. Maybe we can grab a beer somewhere. PS: The gf will be with me too. wub.gif

beer3.gif Bring the GF and the 914. We'll make a run down to Ensenada!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.