Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 1st Porsche Drift Training with my teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
About 2 weeks ago I competed at a cool fun event. It was a mixture of Carrera slotcar racing, Nintendo Wii racing, Kyosho 1/24 RC racing and a quiz about motorsport.
Some guys won a Carrera Go Slotcar set - I won an invitation to a Porsche Drift Training from a local Porsche Club ... so, I'd say I was the big winner of the day smilie_pokal.gif

Yesterday it took place. I brought my teener, the other guys came with a 997 GT3, 996 GT3, 993 C4 and two BMWs.
The instructors built a cool parcours with some drift passages on slippery surface.

It was pretty difficult for me to keep the teener in a controled drift, but the others told me I wasn't that bad. They had it a little easier with rear or front engine.
But as you can imagine - it was big fun !!!

check out these two links:
photos
video (without me)

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
more pics smile.gif
BigDBass
That looks like a blast. I'd have loved to see video of you and your car!
PeeGreen 914
I think it looks like fun, but I don't know if I wil ever understand the whole drifting thing.
SteveL
Up here in Minnesota, we get to do the drift thing 4 months out of the year!
chairfall.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 13 2007, 08:16 PM) *

I'd have loved to see video of you and your car!

I guess that wasn't so interesting - I was more spinning around than drifting laugh.gif

15 years ago I had an old Volvo 740 Estate - this thing was really easy to drift
same with a 996 about 3 years ago
these cars are easy to control while drifting
but the teener was really difficult (at least for me) - the shifter in my knee, the steering wheel on my leg ... and a very small limit between non-drift and spin around

but it was big fun for about 2 hrs mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
lotus_65
sounds cool.
aren't true drift cars setup so tight you couldn't drive it comfortably on the street?

maybe if yours was sprung with steel pipes it would be more fun.
So.Cal.914
Looks like a blast, cars looking good.
effutuo101
agree.gif Looks like a lot of fun. It is more about car control then the "drifting" we see on TV.
Grimstead
Those pictures you posted of the class were great but I can't help and look at that scenery you have shocked[1].gif

I always enjoy the photos you post, not only for the 914 content but for that awesome countryside you have! smile.gif

Keep up the photos beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.