Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder fin...oops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I was prying off my heads with a screwdriver and snapped the corner off the last fin on one of cylinders (won't do that again!). This is a stock 2.0...nothing fancy. My plan is to reuse the cylinders. Any concerns over the broken fin? It is maybe 1.5" wide and .5" high. All thoughts are appreciated.
beer3.gif

This smilie always makes me want to leave work and go drink beer...
PeeGreen 914
Shouldn't be a big deal as long as you didn't damage any of the mating surface. The fins are for cooling. Still have all the others on there right? Be careful. chair.gif
Bogaat
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 13 2007, 04:01 PM) *

Shouldn't be a big deal as long as you didn't damage any of the mating surface. Be careful. chair.gif

I know that stupid little piece of missing fin is always going to haunt me. I am a perfectionist, but this time I am on a budget. Oh well...thanks for the input.
Brando
... And that's why you don't pry the heads off with a screwdriver. I usually gently tap them from behind with a rubber or plastic mallet.
Bogaat
QUOTE(Brando @ Jun 13 2007, 04:42 PM) *

... And that's why you don't pry the heads off with a screwdriver. I usually gently tap them from behind with a rubber or plastic mallet.

Yeah, It was late and I couldn't figure out why the damn heads weren't sliding off. I hadn't pulled a T4 apart in about 15 years. I forgot I needed to pull the lower tin off first
blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.