Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripe Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Apologies if this should be in vendors, but I hardly go there myself and this is more of a community service.

I am trying to gauge interest in vinyl stripes. I happened upon some stripes that have never been used, in her garage for a few decades, would not look right on the vintage 356 race car(The Pernicious Pumpkin, something pumpkin at least) or the tow vehicle I guess. Nice lady gave them to me.

Would be about $45-$50, plus shipping. It seems the AA version of this is not quite right, according to a certain cat I know. Something about the way the "R" and "P" are shaped. Correct me if I am wrong George.

Shipping would of course be free if I see you someplace on the street.

Here is a pic of similar stripe on a nice car

Click to view attachment

and one that is not so nice

Click to view attachment

Guess which one is mine...who is Max Moritz anyway?
PeeGreen 914
I like those stripes, but I like mine a little more. Maybe do some of these ones too. biggrin.gif
Kona Cruisers
RED!!!....
Tobra
Don't have any like that to scan.
iamchappy
Ive been thinking about putting some on my car like this in silver..
Tobra
Guys says any color you can think of, if enough people want them, it will be a bit cheaper
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 13 2007, 10:26 PM) *

Apologies if this should be in vendors, but I hardly go there myself and this is more of a community service.

I am trying to gauge interest in vinyl stripes. I happened upon some stripes that have never been used, in her garage for a few decades, would not look right on the vintage 356 race car(The Pernicious Pumpkin, something pumpkin at least) or the tow vehicle I guess. Nice lady gave them to me.

Would be about $45-$50, plus shipping. It seems the AA version of this is not quite right, according to a certain cat I know. Something about the way the "R" and "P" are shaped. Correct me if I am wrong George.

Shipping would of course be free if I see you someplace on the street.

Here is a pic of similar stripe on a nice car

Click to view attachment

and one that is not so nice

Click to view attachment

Guess which one is mine...who is Max Moritz anyway?

there are two versions of the positive stripes now made. One set's letters are larger than the other as some like the big bold look. The same two companies that have always made them morup and agressive still make good quality and in all of the colors!
Tobra
Thanks for the input George, personally I have not been able to find them in the style I have, despite looking everywhere I could think. These will be duplicates made from scan of original stripes.

Now to it. Have commitments for 1 black set and 3 white sets Want to move forward on this, so anyone interested in getting some needs to speak up, via PM or post it here.
thomasotten
I experimented with both the AutoAtlanta NEGATIVE stripes and the ones you can get off ebay. The ebay ones were more precise in the straightness of the letters. Slightly different letter widths between the two. I was painting mine on, so I experimented first with both sets.

IPB Image
JPB
Black negative. Only they need to be made of new vynil because them old ones might be dried up. beer.gif
woobn8r
Stripes look good, black, white, red, silver...I prefer the positive like the ones you used as an example on the 911. But, all are good.

$45-$50 is a decent price for one offs...but you can cut more than one set from the width of a roll of vinyl so the cost should reduce if you have multiple orders of the same colour.

$30-$35 is closer to the "volume" pricing mark. There are many sign/vinyl/graphics guys around...so shopping (negotiating) will help.
especially if they are just scanning and not "designing".
Tobra
Volume would be nice, but only three people counting me actually want a set. They have been scanned and are ready for action. Looks like $45.50 is my cost, so that plus shipping. Will put listing in vendor section where it probably should be
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I bet we have at least 50 sets of positive negative and carerra stripes in various quantities and colors including sunflower yellow zambizie green chrome yellow rally red black silver gold red blue crosscut silver and white. Anyone who wants a set they are cheap! Two different companies make them already (at least!!!) and that is enough! Why hurt two little ma and pa businessiness when there is not that much demand anyway????????????? "Morup" and "Agressive" thank you

(regular prices are 25 for the set and the carerra about 75 for the set) to give everyone an idea.
Tobra
No offense George, but WTF are you talking about, putting two little mom and pop shops out of business? I went to the websites of the vendors you mention and saw nothing even similar to these, no I did not e-mail them.

I looked for stripes like these and did not find them, far as I can tell, you don't sell stripes like this, similar, but not the original stripes. I looked at your website too(I literally just looked again, and according to your website, nothing in your above post is accurate, what is your point?). Maybe you do sell them and have 50 different colors for $25, but does it make sense that one that says "Carrera" rather than "Porsche" is three times as expensive? They would cost the same to produce, both would be about 4" wide by 6' long.

I could not find the stripes I wanted. Happened on a set that had never been installed and were sitting in garage for 25 years. Got them scanned for myself, and offered to make them available to anyone interested for cost, is that really so bad?

Oh, one more thing. You seem like not too bad a guy George, but when you spread misinformation, say one thing and do another, promise to do something and then don't do it, sell someone one thing then ship them something different or nothing at all, people start saying things like, "Auto Atlanta, never forget, never again" and it hurts your reputation. I personally would get pretty upset if I had a large group of disgruntled people talking shit about me, so I don't do things that would make them do that.

A good reputation is a funny thing. It takes years to make, and seconds to destroy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 27 2007, 07:19 AM) *

No offense George, but WTF are you talking about, putting two little mom and pop shops out of business? I went to the websites of the vendors you mention and saw nothing even similar to these, no I did not e-mail them.

I looked for stripes like these and did not find them, far as I can tell, you don't sell stripes like this, similar, but not the original stripes. I looked at your website too(I literally just looked again, and according to your website, nothing in your above post is accurate, what is your point?). Maybe you do sell them and have 50 different colors for $25, but does it make sense that one that says "Carrera" rather than "Porsche" is three times as expensive? They would cost the same to produce, both would be about 4" wide by 6' long.

I could not find the stripes I wanted. Happened on a set that had never been installed and were sitting in garage for 25 years. Got them scanned for myself, and offered to make them available to anyone interested for cost, is that really so bad?

Oh, one more thing. You seem like not too bad a guy George, but when you spread misinformation, say one thing and do another, promise to do something and then don't do it, sell someone one thing then ship them something different or nothing at all, people start saying things like, "Auto Atlanta, never forget, never again" and it hurts your reputation. I personally would get pretty upset if I had a large group of disgruntled people talking shit about me, so I don't do things that would make them do that.

A good reputation is a funny thing. It takes years to make, and seconds to destroy.

The license to produce carerra cost them these two ma and pa places from which we buy are good people and are doing the reproductions legally as Porsche does not authorize their stylized script to be reproduced without license.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.