Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: renegade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
ok so if you don't already know. i won on ebay a RENEGADE SUBBY conversion kit brand new never installed.. everything went very smooth and it arrived SAFELY.... only one problem it has no INSTRUCTIONS !!!! so i contact the seller and he says no problem call up renegade and they will be glad to help you out... my friend is so anxious to do the install so he emails scott at renegade and gets positive vibes... so i call them and ask them about getting some instructions... talk to jeanine and she was friendly but directed my call to a man... i tell him my story ..." you bought one of our kits and now you want directions" ..yes i do " well they would not be free"" ok so how much thinking handelling or whatever maybe 50.00 tops... " if you want directions you have to buy the kit" but i bought this BRAND NEW NEVER INSTALLED KIT from your customer mr. XXXXXX in redding, ca. who bought it brand new from YOU >>> mad.gif ....long story short is . ihave all the pieces and can figure it out but it has lots of bolts and don't want to FUCH it up....any one that has the kit want to share the insstructions please... confused24.gif welder.gif ray
PeeGreen 914
What the hell is a renegade subby? I have never heard of that before. I hope someone can help you as I am interested to hear what it is.
carreraguy
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 14 2007, 12:59 PM) *

What the hell is a renegade subby? I have never heard of that before. I hope someone can help you as I am interested to hear what it is.

Blood Red:
Renegade Hybrids in Las Vegas makes kits that, with a Subaru engine (typically a WRX 2.0 turbo), will convert your 914 into a "Suby conversion". Check my blog below for the turnkey version details they did for me.

firstknightght:
I can't speak for Scott/Mike and the gang there, but it seems to me that if the original person who paid for and received the kit did not get instructions something is screwy. I don't know why the guy who originally bought it can't get the instructions for you. My guess is that Renegade doesn't want to give out instructions to just anybody since then that person would possibly (?) be able to do the work without their kit (although fabbing the engine cradle would be tough). I know there are a few people who have done the Renegade conversion themselves - maybe they will chip in with ideas. Good luck!
plymouth37
You will never get directions from renegade without a kit. The guy you bought the kit from should have gotten an online login name and password, the directions are actually on renegades site, you need to print them off your self.
I would have the previous owner of the kit call renegade and ask for HIS password.
You will probably have a hard time getting the kit right without the directions, I should know I wrote them! dry.gif And no, I cant give you a copy either, sorry.
Rand
Dang, that sucks. Hopefully someone will be able to share a copy of the instructions with you. Not a smart business move on Renegade's part to try and make you pay for the instructions when you can prove it's one of their kits you have. That mentality will bite them eventually.

Jon: Check out renegadehybrids.com. Arguably the best 914 Subie and SBC V8 conversion kits on the market.

Their web site is kind of lame... You can't link directly to a page, but here's a link to the info they pull into their page about the Subie conversion kit.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks guys for that info. I now know what it is. I know some of you guys have done a great job with your conversions, but I just like the feel of having a 911 engine in the car. I know it is more expensive, but it is worth every dollar biggrin.gif
marks914
That is why I did not buy a renegade kit to do my V8 conversion. Even when I tried to buy some parts from them, all i got was attitude and hassle. I would rather make my own parts than have to deal with them.
Just my $.02
PS My conversion came out quite well, 5 years, 35,000 miles later no problems, just had to replace the $300 engine for a real one.
Mark
IPB Image
IPB Image

Oh, yeah, I had a radiator made too, I tried to buy one of theirs, but it was too much of a pain, it works flawlessly as well, $275

IPB Image
bondo
Post lots of detailed pics of the kit and I bet we can help figure out how it goes together.

hide.gif
firstknight13
thanks for the input guys... i just got back from MV and have not been on line... the guy i got the kit from lost the instructions so i guess i'm on my own... i was actually going to get the rad kit from renegade BUT.... mad.gif so now when my car gets back from paint ( repaint for the 5th time)the heat is on !!!
Aaron Cox
dumb business plan.

remember the stunt they pulled at the GAF? Tony went to take a pic of the underside.... and they embarrassed him in front of a ton of people..... i cant tell how many times i have seen pics of the undercarriage setup since.....(ironic)

no one is trying to copy their kit... but you are shunning someone with YOUR kit by not giving instructions.

someone needs a reality check smile.gif

neo914-6
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Jun 14 2007, 04:18 PM) *

You will never get directions from renegade without a kit. The guy you bought the kit from should have gotten an online login name and password, the directions are actually on renegades site, you need to print them off your self.
I would have the previous owner of the kit call renegade and ask for HIS password.
You will probably have a hard time getting the kit right without the directions, I should know I wrote them! dry.gif And no, I cant give you a copy either, sorry.

Best advise, there are no printed instructions. If you cannot get the password, you need to find someone who has this conversion or better yet a build in progress.
Dr Evil
Its for reasons stated above, and before on many other threads and sites, that I would not do business with Renegade. Any company that treats its customers/potential customers in this manner is not one that I wish to associate with. Id rather go it alone sad.gif
firstknight13
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 08:44 AM) *

Its for reasons stated above, and before on many other threads and sites, that I would not do business with Renegade. Any company that treats its customers/potential customers in this manner is not one that I wish to associate with. Id rather go it alone sad.gif

pray.gif pray.gif you are the evil one... doc how about your pics... didnt you slice and dice??? driving.gif
Dr Evil
Nope, no crazy conversion for me yet, but a suby is definetly in the future biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.