Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield molding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Had the windshield replaced about a year ago, as I was doing some body work around the winsheild recently the alum trim piece started to pop up and I couldn't pop it back, seeing I am doing the body repair around the windshield I pulled the rest of the trim off, know I don't care for the look of the alum trim and would like to have the black rubber look, without taking the windsheild out what can I use to get that look?
914nerd
736conver here on the club sells kit using that molding over in the member vendors section
Of course, that comes with urethane adhesive and other bits for remounting a windshield (which probably isn't a bad idea if you have the time, since modern adhesives hold better than the old butyl tape
Other than that, ???
ruddyboys
I rember seeing that post, I have to take out the windshield to install it, I dont want to chance taking the windshield off, it cost $375 last year. I was hoping for a ruber molding to glue on the windshield were the alum was.
914nerd
The only thing I could think of is to look around at someplace that sells rubber molding and try and find something with the right dimensions and cross section and then make a replacement
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.