Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Power Door lock problem with my Lexus?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey gents I know this is way off topic. My wifes 96' Lexus ES300 has decided to quit unlocking the doors. It basically won't unlock any of the doors electrically. It locks them all fine electrically. I can't find a fuse that is bad anywhere. Any thoughts on what else to try before hitting the dealer?
sww914
It could be a bad connection, but it's probably a bad computer. New cars have tons f little computers everywhere. My friend's a Saab tech, he said that a new 9 whatever convertible has 38 computers in it, 3 just for the top.
PeeGreen 914
I used to work on Lexus', and it sound like it is a bad switch. Somewhat comon on those cars.
JRust
Blood red? The main switch on the door you think? Or is it somewhere else. Thanks for the tips too!!!
dlo914
you could dissassemble the simple switches and clean the contacts. did the same for my dad's 89' Camry and that fixed the problem for his window and door switches. over the years they develop a bit of soot on the contacts and build up resistance. worth a try. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif Try what he said. I would start at the main switch on the drivers door, but it could be the circut between both of them.

Jon
Cap'n Krusty
Ya pushed the Krusty button. Sorry, but I gotta say it: If it unlocks the doors fine, but won't lock 'em, WHY WOULD YOU LOOK FOR A BAD FUSE? That's an OH, DUH if I ever saw one. Ya gotta bad door switch, or maybe a bad controller. Will the locks work right from any position other than the driver's door? First thing I would check.
The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.