Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT I'm working on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I thought you guys might find this interesting. According to the current owner, this how the car was delivered from the factory, except for the color, and the GT hood, decklid, and engine lid are stored in his shop to prevent them from getting damaged while racing. Also, this is an A/M F spoiler.
We've finally managed to persuade him to stop racing this car and build another 914-6 or a spec Boxster to race instead.
I don't think this was not one of the original 20 or whatever that were built, it was built especially for one of the Porsche family's friends, A guy who owned a big auto group in Germany. I'm not really clear on exactly how this car fits into the REAL 914-6 GT picture.
I like the extra brake light in the rear bumper, but the VW 411 lights in the front bumper aren't beautiful, IMHO.
sww914
One more.
914Sixer
The VIN number will provide alot of information. Post it and see what the records show.
davep
I believe we know a lot about this car. I recall it is a factory car.
byndbad914
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 14 2007, 06:44 PM) *

I like the extra brake light in the rear bumper, but the VW 411 lights in the front bumper aren't beautiful, IMHO.

Funny, I looked at the pics first and thought just the opposite laugh.gif I kinda like the front actually and always wondered how bad my car would look with lights in the bumper area of the car v. having the popups. Kinda looks like a Mercury Capri from the era (if you squint real tight) drunk.gif

Sounds like that car has some cool history!
TravisNeff
The owner of the car was at wcc05, Series9 and I talked with him for a bit. The story sounds as though it was a GT conversion by the factory, but was origally a regular 6. Neat stuff.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 14 2007, 07:53 PM) *

I believe we know a lot about this car. I recall it is a factory car.

agree.gif seen it in person more than once ...

schweet car, but the whale-tail is still fugly tho ...
icon8.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 15 2007, 03:44 AM) *

... for one of the Porsche family's friends, A guy who owned a big auto group in Germany.

this one was delivered to MAHAG, Germany
they are still one of Germany's biggest Porsche dealers

the car is reported to be an original factory built "GT", colour canary yellow
at home I have a sales advertisment from 1971, where MAHAG offered this one for sale - with special paint "mint green metallic" and the already changed front design
I can post it here when I'm back from work

wavey.gif Gustl
sixnotfour
Gustl ,here is your research page; lots of info about the car.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=19625&hl=
GWN7
Here's one of the pictures I took of it...... have more

I like the look
sww914
That's before he smashed up the front spoiler in Las Vegas. That's part of what I'm fixing.
nomore9one4
I like that color! It is similiar to the seafoam green Chevrolet had in the later 70's. smile.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 15 2007, 08:27 AM) *

That's before he smashed up the front spoiler in Las Vegas. That's part of what I'm fixing.

I have a couple more pics of the front end if you want them?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Jun 14 2007, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 14 2007, 06:44 PM) *

Funny, I looked at the pics first and thought just the opposite laugh.gif I kinda like the front actually and always wondered how bad my car would look with lights in the bumper area of the car v. having the popups. Kinda looks like a Mercury Capri from the era (if you squint real tight) drunk.gif

Sounds like that car has some cool history!

The headlights aren't legal for the street. Too low. I like 'em, too. The Cap'n
sww914
To clarify, I love the headlights, it's the turn signals that I'm not crazy about.
They fit the corners of the bumpers well, but I think they could have done something more aesthetically pleasing.
sww914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 15 2007, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 15 2007, 08:27 AM) *

I have a couple more pics of the front end if you want them?

It's OK, I have anther A/M spoiler here, I just need to modify it to line up with the GT flares on the ends. A little challenge, but easier than fixing a surfboard that's been snapped in half.
Gustl
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 15 2007, 03:44 AM) *

I like the extra brake light in the rear bumper, ...

is this really a brake light ???? blink.gif

I thought this would be a rear fog light ...
Gustl
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 15 2007, 08:33 AM) *
at home I have a sales advertisment from 1971, ...

sww914
Wolfgang, I think you're right, it's a fog light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.