Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever buy a 914, put a lot of time and $$$ into it...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadGlue
I was really scared to look! Early on I found some swiss cheese on the firewall near the battery tray. Look like water had collected behind the sound dampening pad/sponge. There's also a little 1" hole right where the fuel pump mounts. It just seemed likely there'd be more problems.

Everything else checked out solid though (suspension mounts, seams, etc), but I was still afraid to pull the rockers off. I finally bit the bullet this afternoon and found that there wasn't even surface rust! They're PERFECT!

I feel dumb for having waited this long! Pulling the rockers for the first time is kinda like getting that first colonoscopy... or something... um, yeah.

I did find that the fiberglass rocker panels I bought from Pelican are too short in the front. They line up at the back fender arch and jack tube, but are about 1/2" short of reaching the front wheel arch. Has anyone else tried using these? Not sure what Pelican is going to do for me being that I bought the rockers from them almost two years ago and spent the time to paint them last week. Bah.

THE LONGS ARE PERFECT!
And before you get the chance:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I'll take some tomorrow AM,
SGB
"this will only take a few seconds..."
GWN7
Sounds like the start of DWD smile.gif
Richard Casto
Randy,

I was afraid to look at this thread for fear you had some serious bad news! Glad the colonoscopy went fine! wink.gif

Richard
jgara962
You are brave to be doing that the day before WCR. Talk about s%^*ing on your weekend! Glad everything looks good though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.