Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Availability
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
xsurfer
Are 71 windshields available from original mfg? If not is there a source? Going to paint, mine has slight scratches judges may catch.

Thanks
Gene
addwestern
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jun 15 2007, 06:29 AM) *

Are 71 windshields available from original mfg? If not is there a source? Going to paint, mine has slight scratches judges may catch.

Thanks
Gene

I can get the Original Siglia Windshields- they do not have the VW sticker on them, but they are the correct Siglia Windshields.

Nate
Tobra
QUOTE(addwestern @ Jun 15 2007, 08:32 AM) *

Thanks
Gene

I can get the Original Siglia Windshields- they do not have the VW sticker on them, but they are the correct Siglia Windshields.

Nate

quantos dinero? How much
xsurfer
Nate,

I sent you an email sometime ago about the check for the rocker panel. I never received the rocker panel. what's up? I need oriig. for showing.

Gene

The windshield I need is for a 6 cy. I haven't looked to see if it has vw on it or not.

I'm going to try to paint it when my 912 gets running this month. What's the deal on the windshield?

QUOTE(addwestern @ Jun 15 2007, 07:32 AM) *

Thanks
Gene

Nate

Johny Blackstain
Does this help? Apparantly this guy is AA's source as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...hlink:middle:us

cool_shades.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jun 16 2007, 10:16 AM) *

Does this help? Apparantly this guy is AA's source as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...hlink:middle:us

cool_shades.gif

What is it about this that I'm a little leery of? Could it be that they only show a mysterious UPC? Could it be the they have no pics of the windshield to show?

Or, could it be that it's bogus? Maybe not, but why not show the product? Something to hide, maybe?

I can paste UPC's on all my spares (real or bogus), so why should I believe anyone who's afraid to show the product? Sorry boys, been stung once - never again. If you're real - prove it!

Oh, and I don't care whose source you are, let alone AA's. Prove you're real!
Pat
addwestern
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jun 16 2007, 08:38 AM) *

Nate,

I sent you an email sometime ago about the check for the rocker panel. I never received the rocker panel. what's up? I need oriig. for showing.

Gene

The windshield I need is for a 6 cy. I haven't looked to see if it has vw on it or not.

I'm going to try to paint it when my 912 gets running this month. What's the deal on the windshield?

QUOTE(addwestern @ Jun 15 2007, 07:32 AM) *

Thanks
Gene

Nate

Gene-
Just found your e-mail. Finally got a good one I can send off to you- will send out tomorrow. The windshields are $410 for the non tinted and $510 for the tinted. According to my source- they are a month away out of Germany. It is the proper windshield for a 914- but the real early windshields had the 'bubble' in them. These do not, but are the proper part #. These are coming direct from Porsche.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 17 2007, 11:27 PM) *

What is it about this that I'm a little leery of? Could it be that they only show a mysterious UPC? Could it be the they have no pics of the windshield to show?

Or, could it be that it's bogus? Maybe not, but why not show the product? Something to hide, maybe?

I can paste UPC's on all my spares (real or bogus), so why should I believe anyone who's afraid to show the product? Sorry boys, been stung once - never again. If you're real - prove it!

Oh, and I don't care whose source you are, let alone AA's. Prove you're real!
Pat

Pat- I was just trying to help. This guy & his glass were mentioned here on the world a little while back in a previous thread, discussing both the affordable price & quality of the glass. AA George put in his 2c & said the guy was his source as well. Something I read here on the world & remembered, that's all.

cool_shades.gif
addwestern
Correction on the price of the Windshield- just talked to my guy- $360 for the non tinted- $460 for tinted.
xsurfer
I read a judges score sheet on one of the sites . If you don't have the VW logo you loose a point.
sooooooo.

I need to find a VW logo windshield.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.