Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help finding a front hood (bonnet) for a Triump Spitfire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
One of my friends just boogered up his Triumph Spitfire front hood (rearended an SUV in traffic) and I was wondering, since this is by far the most resourceful place for multiple vehicle knowledge, does anyone know of places to get them for less $$, or have any info on one for sale?

Thanks, as always!
smontanaro
Have your friend check out the Triumphs mailing list. Very helpful group of people. He can get subscription information here: http://www.team.net/tn-lists.html

Skip
Dr Evil
Thanks, Skip. I just forwarded this link to them. thumb3d.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 15 2007, 11:20 AM) *

One of my friends just boogered up his Triumph Spitfire front hood (rearended an SUV in traffic) and I was wondering, since this is by far the most resourceful place for multiple vehicle knowledge, does anyone know of places to get them for less $$, or have any info on one for sale?

Thanks, as always!

Hi Mike,

What year spitfire? Mk.III? There's a yard here with a couple or cars that have been in there for YEARS . . . lemme know and I'll get an estimate.

Steve A-
Dr Evil
Right on, I believe it is a 74. What other info do you need? I can get it from my friend.
anderssj
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 18 2007, 01:42 PM) *

Right on, I believe it is a 74. What other info do you need? I can get it from my friend.

OK, I think the 74 is a Mk.IV--newer style hood . . . not sure if that style was also used on the later 1500s, but that's good enough to start with!
Gint
QUOTE(anderssj @ Jun 18 2007, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 18 2007, 01:42 PM) *

OK, I think the 74 is a Mk.IV--newer style hood . . . not sure if that style was also used on the later 1500s, but that's good enough to start with!

74 is definitely a MarkIV Same front bonnet as the later 1500. I went through 6 of them before 914's, all 74 or later. The guy I sold one of my last ones to installed a Merkur turbo 4 and custom suspension and the remainder of the drivetrain. He's active in the local Triumph Club. I'll ask him tomorrow.
Dr Evil
I found out it is a 76 Mk IV biggrin.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 18 2007, 10:42 PM) *

I found out it is a 76 Mk IV biggrin.gif

Well I talked to English Motors--owner wants $1,000 for the bonnet--and is not sure of the year blink.gif

They've always been high, but this is WAY MORE than I was expecting, especially for one thats been sitting outside on the car for the last 10+ years.

I talked to another yard too (Sports and Imports), they have what they think is a 74 . . . . said they'd sell the bonnet for $800--or the whole car for $1,500 (both still seem HIGH).

If your friend is interested--and can wait until Saturday--I'll see if I can take some pictures of both.

Best,

Steve A-
Scott S
Contact Paul Deershaw at Sportscar Craftsman in Denver - 303.422.9272. He is a local resto guy (he just painted our XK140) and has a private wrecking yard that is close to an acre - only british stuff. Tons and tons of it, all completely dismantled and most of it indoors. Feel free to use my name if you call.
Dr Evil
No rush man, $1000 is a bit much I agree. I'll forward the info onto my friend. I knew you guys would know something (car nuts!)
rich brennick
Midwest far away in Northern Lower Michigan...

http://nmi.craigslist.org/car/354389921.html

A fresh ad nonetheless and a nice looking bonnet if a 1973 would work; I thought I would start my flower planter collection with this candidate.
Good Luck,
Rich B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.