Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Gauges - any experts around ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
propricer
Going to put a couple of gauges up for sale but would like to determine EXACTLY what they are ...

One on the left is, I believe a 914-6 gauge with the upper temp section replaced with a numerical reading. Clues include the silver button center is, I believe, only on earlys and the emergency lever light on the left.

One on the right is, I believe, a stock later 914-4 gauge which was included on only some models - which ones ???

Thanx for your help ... Click to view attachment
914-8
I think you're right.

The gauge on the left is a 914/6 gauge. There is no early/late 914-6 gauge, they are all "early."

The one on the right is from a 74 and up 914-4, out of a car that did NOT have the appearance group package/center console gauges.

They should have date stamps on the backs.
John
QUOTE(propricer @ Jun 15 2007, 06:23 PM) *

Going to put a couple of gauges up for sale but would like to determine EXACTLY what they are ...

One on the left is, I believe a 914-6 gauge with the upper temp section replaced with a numerical reading. Clues include the silver button center is, I believe, only on earlys and the emergency lever light on the left.

One on the right is, I believe, a stock later 914-4 gauge which was included on only some models - which ones ???

Thanx for your help ... Click to view attachment

The later 914/4 combo gauge came with cars that did not have the center console temp gauge. For example, my dad's 1974 2.0 had that gauge. He bought the car new without any center console. His had the vinyl sail panel trim, but was not an appearance group car. (no fuchs wheels, no fog lights, etc)

The gauge is available.

The early combo gauge has had a numbered temp gauge installed, but not only that, the numbered face has been re-done with the numbers rotated to read correctly.
914Sixer
The first guage is a 6 guage. The hand brake symbol is present. The gen and oil lights are reversed from the 4. I has had the number update. Look at the part number in the 12 o'clock postition.

The second guage is a late 74-76 guage. It came on cars without the center console.
propricer
Okay, it sounds like we have the ID nailed ...

Anyone want to speculate on the pricing ... they're both in great shape so my eBay expectation would be $200 give or take $50 on the 914-6 gauge and $150 give or take $25 on the 914-4 gauge.

Comments - and thanx for your guidance ...
914-8
Don't know about the -6 gauge, but I'd guess the -4 gauge is more like $80.

If it is $150, I need to dig my old ones out and get them on e-Bay!
johannes
The right one (914/4) is 75$ at Autoatlanta used. 165$ rebuilt and 375$ new
914Sixer
The six guage will bring about $75-$100. The four less than $75. Most people will send them and have them redone. Very pricy these days. $75-$150 per guage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.