Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bontempi Body Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flyloki
Nevermind, I believe it's gone.

Thanks,

John
nine14cats
I've got Bontempi's flairs and hoods on my car....is that what you're looking for? I've got pics....

Bill P.
Randal
Here is a picture of more Bontempi flares on Steve Nieslony's Sacramento car.

Still a 4, very light, very fast and very pretty.

http://www.dleong.org/2002/ax/ggr2/images/photo03.jpg

ps...this link works now.
Randal
I'll try again to set up the link..

If it doesn't work try this site location:

http://www.dleong.org/2002/ax/ggr2/images/photo03.jpg

GGR
nine14cats
Here's a profile of my car being driven by my wife. The flairs and great quality. I currently have 15x7 rims with cantilever slicks on in this picture. I've also test fit dot-r's with 225/40/18's in front and 285/30/18's in the rear with no rubbing....so the flairs are pretty much able to accomodate most anything.

Bill P.
seanery
Bill,

I like the look of those. Can you show me the back of the car and where the sail panel meets the qtr panel? I'm interested how they look/mold into the existing sheet metal of the car.
redshift
I wish someone made street flares like that..

M
flyloki
Thanks everyone...They do look pretty good.
nine14cats
Here's a few more pics of the Bontempi flares.....Steve Nieslony's car that is linked above is beautiful. The fenders come as full fenders and can be put on the car by professionals and look like they came from the factory.

I however, have a budgetary deficit and therefore "Bill Pickering" the home body shop paints and does the body repairs....hence I cut the fenders to make it easier to put on. My car's a track only car anyway....

Hopefully the pics have enough definition for you to get an idea....

Bill P.
nine14cats
another pic...
nine14cats
pic 3
nine14cats
last one...
Brad Roberts
Good shots Bill.

Did anyone here purchase his "race" thin panels ?? They weigh HALF of the thick/street style he sells.

B
Brad Roberts
Ron Wickers FP car.

B
Randal
AH HA... so now we see the secret new Bill P. paint job.

Tell us what that little packman animal is on the door.

Does it eat TTOD drivers, or is there something else on it diet?

It probably will be getting plenty to eat with that fresh hot fresh motor and about 400 pounds missing from last year.
Brad Roberts
He painted his cookie cutters also...

B
ChrisReale
Dudes, those race cars are sweet to look at. One of these days I will own a 914 like those.
jonwatts
me too!
nine14cats
Hey Chris....you already own one just like that!....plasma cutter....sawzall....time....a few $$...and....voila....stripped down race car that brings an ear to ear grin everytime you get in it! laugh.gif

You gonna run the PCA-GGR Auto-x series this coming year?

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
Yes he is (All914 sponsored driver)

B
nine14cats
Hi Randal,

Yep...the pacman (or is it PCAman) will help me devour you zoomies. I pulled off (2) TTOD's last year....and I was happy with the car...but between you, Andrew B, Rich W., and the rest of the gang...I know my competition isn't standing still... lol3.gif

So......how is the decision on the new motor?.....hmmm....You've been awfully quiet....is Brad busy yet on your car? laugh.gif

Money pits....aren't they? I would piss away the money some other way, it might as well be on something that really makes life enjoyable...

Bill
nine14cats
Hey B,

So Chris is the next hot shoe for ALL914.....damn....more fast guys to go against....what class? (Hopefully not "Y", I've got enough comp) laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
If it kills me.. I will dedicate more time to Rob Ways and Chris next year during the GGR AutoX season. Both of them have a year under their belts.. it is time to get serious.

I need to bring out 2-3 other guy's who are building BP cars right now.

B
nine14cats
Bi and BP in GGR should be fun to watch this year. It's amazing to watch Rob, Demick, and Andrew run their FI 2.0's......and challenge for TTOD....it's actually fun to listen to them not lift...just keep the momemtum all the way around...and hit the racer's line everytime....

B,

You gonna have time and a car to make it out this year? Or you staying up with the RR guys only?
Brad Roberts
I wont have a car. I will have to live vicariously thru the BP guys.

I may test some stuff on another car with the RR guy's.

If things go right.. I'll be back in GGR by the end of March.

I have a meeting tomorrow night with a shop owner on the pennisula. We may ink a deal where I work for him.

B
URY914
Brad or anyone know the cost of the lightweight rear flares or a number I can call Rich to find out?

Paul
jonwatts
Best to talk to Rich directly.

High Performance House
Scott Carlberg
would it be fair to say that the installation of the HPH flares would be fairly easy?

in those pics, it looks as though they are on the car just by zeus(sp?) fasteners.

I realize it ain't easy getting the stock off, but IF the flares are on only by the fasteners,
you certainly wouldn't have to worry about having them 'molded' on.
Brad Roberts
They are fairly easy to install. We use Dzus fasteners but you could use a nice stainless screw.

B
Scott Carlberg
Thanks Brad, I knew my *zeus* wasn't right.
Randal
What?

My car has been at HPH maybe 20 times in the last two years and I didn't even know Rich had the racing flares, let alone that he designed them and had the molds made.

I originally found out from Bill Pickering who had just installed them. Bill also told me that Steve in Sacramento had the same flares.

I remember now my Dad saying that asking questions was a sign of intelligence!

Glad this website is here – just think of the value it brings to us all.
Brad Roberts
If they are legal for your class... I like them MUCH better than the GT flares. You can whip them off the car and easily get to EVERYTHING suspension related (adjustments made easy)

B
seanery
anyone have an idea on cost F&R?
nine14cats
I'd have to check my log book...but I think the HPH flares were ~ $750 total for Front and Rear combined. And that was for the "street" versions. They are thicker than the race versions. I decided to go with the slightly thicker ones since with my luck I'd forget and sit on one and crack it! laugh.gif

Even the street flares are very light. I can take a rear qtr panel and hold it straight out from my body with my arm extended and hold it up no problem...

I personally think they are a great buy if you don't want to go with GT style alternatives. Roger Sheridan's pieces are awesome (I have a Front Spoiler of his that I'll show a pic of when I get done with the car next week), but I just couldn't afford the whole kit.... blink.gif

Bill P.
L8Apex
that's a pretty smokin deal for those flares! smilie_pokal.gif

One day, when I can make the power to be able to need flares chowtime.gif
Randal
And don't forget what can be a major time consumer and/or money eater and that’s installing the flares. From what I've heard the Bontempi body panels are pretty straight forward and come out looking like they were meant for the car.

Depending upon which kit you get "Bolt On" flares have to match the bottom valance, front bumpers/valances and all the same at the rear of the car. This can be a challenging job, unless you’ve a born (or educated) fabricator.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 16 2003, 07:20 AM)
I'd have to check my log book...but I think the HPH flares were ~ $750 total for Front and Rear combined. And that was for the "street" versions.

I personally think they are a great buy if you don't want to go with GT style alternatives. Roger Sheridan's pieces are awesome (I have a Front Spoiler of his that I'll show a pic of when I get done with the car next week), but I just couldn't afford the whole kit....

Bill P.

I've always been under the impression that the HPH flares were $800 for the back....only.

which I thought was really high, considering most of the f/g flare sets are less than that.

But, if it's $800 for the whole set.... boldblue.gif clap56.gif mueba.gif

I also like the Sheridan kit, I wouldn't mind having them on my street car, but Roger didn't
seem to think that would be the best idea. Scott Yeaman echoed the same thing.
URY914
It is expense when you have about $100 in material in a set of rear flairs.
I know, I know, labor and profit bumps it up to +/- $400.

Paul
Scott
Here's the short skinny on the Bontempi flares:

He has both street weight and race weight flairs. Yes, the race weight are very light. If he doesn't have them right now, don't worry he owns rhe molds and can have a set pulled. So give him a call if you really want them. Just tell him what weight you want and if you want just the rears or a full set of 4. His phone number is 650 364-6234.

The set is about $800-900, something like that but that is 4 flares of good quality. noth that cheap AIR C***P

It's best to check with Rich on the price though (price may have changed)...who knows maybe he's got a Xmas special going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.