Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hooked up my battery backwards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
teen914
now when the battery is hooked up correctly the alternator light stays on without the key on. i need some ideas on where to look
914-8
what, we can't delete double posts?
914-8
/homer simpson voice/

mmmmmm, fried alt-er-nator.
DNHunt
Gotta let the kid figure this 1 out. He was at a party, using his car for tunes and ran his battery down. So, he came home and took the Optiima out of my car (No, he didn't ask). He took it down to the beach, hooked it up backwards in the dark. As soon as he figured it out he reversed the leads and drove it the next day. I got my battery back with 6V. Fortunately, it took a charge.

It looks like he's got a project for when schools out. And, he gonna be working a little more.

Dave
Tobra
Tell him to go here

superbeetlesonly
Katmanken
Lookin for an alternator in a bug is going to take a looooooong time....

Those puppies run generators....

Ken
SLITS
QUOTE(kwales @ Jun 17 2007, 09:01 AM) *

Lookin for an alternator in a bug is going to take a looooooong time....

Those puppies run generators....

Ken

it's only money and time .... luckily (if I read correctly) he didn't fry his wiring loom.

And if it's a Type 4 motor, it has an alternator. If not, it's a generator.
rhodyguy
jer, ask your dad about the terminals on my bat. if you need tunes at a kegger, bring along a boom box. if you had boosted my optima dry.gif , w/o the okeydoke, you'd be peddling. break out the wrenches. i hope it's not a big financial setback for YOU. biggrin.gif good thing you didn't ruin the bat too. the costco price on them is up to $149 these days.

k
messix
kids !!!!!!!!!..... slap.gif

you can't kill em ......... who would take care of ya when you get old! grouphug.gif

DNHunt
74 changed to an alternator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.