Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue Grass Classic pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
Today in Lexington Britt held the 3rd BG classic. We gathered at Kentucky Horse Park, OK, not as many as the WCR, but this aint the WC, its the bluegrass zone. We had 5 through lunch, then lost Bert. The rest of us (Britt in David Willoughby's V-8 car, me and my son, Robby and a friend , Katy, in his 2.0 , and Doug L in his tangerine clean room assemble special) then went on a great drive led by Robby. He took us in a very circuitous route along creek beds and by distilleries both working and not. We had lunch at the stylish "black tulip" restaraunt amid the monied horsey set. More driving through even better roads took us to the smallest ferry I had ever seen. After we puttererd off on the other side, it was time for me to head back to Alabama. I meant to post pics but I gotta resize and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. Tomorrow I will post the pics
DerekKim
Sweet action it sounds like y'all hada fun time! I'm going to try and make it next year. My little 1.7 should be able to keep up. I can't wait for photos!
bd1308
Next year will see a DRAMATIC overhaul of planning.

I can't wait!
Doug Leggins
I had a fantastic time at the BGC beerchug.gif It is always great to meet more 914 friends and family! I was a bit camera challenged (again) but I did get a couple of pics.

Doug Leggins
4 small cars can fit on a small ferry.
SGB
at the Horse Park, which apparently really is a public park one can take their horse to. Click to view attachment
SGB
Looks like a magazine adv- "step into a 914..."
SGB
"well, officer..."

Actually this is a friend and coworker of Robby's.
SGB
Doug rolls in.
SGB
shiney things are fun
SGB
sometimes you just gotta take the picture...

hi Katy. smile.gif
SGB
Britt and David
SGB
great roads
SGB
who likes curves?
SGB
it wuz purty...
SGB
Robby, Britt, and David
SGB
At the Black Tulip

"everyone look wealthy!"
SGB
Back on the road
SGB
I won the long distance prize which was collected when we visited the Woodford reserve distillery.
SGB
waiting for the ferry
SGB
Loaded up
SGB
headed across on the ferry
SGB
Thats all for me. I had a great time and will be back next year! Thanks all!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

WOW; Looks as great as last yr. You don't know how sorry i am that i had to punk out this yr. But; She Who Thinks She Rules Everything and I reached a agreement. The event I had to be here for. WE, that means her had a miserable time. She even said " You really should have gone to Kentucky'. I will put that in the bank for
years to come. Glad you all had a fine time. Dave slap.gif
Snafu
Beautiful scenery and some very nice cars! thumb3d.gif
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif Perhaps next year... Kentucky is right next door. More pics!

cool_shades.gif
robby750
I only took pictures of each car before we left for the drive. And Scott, her name is Katy, not Tracy! She took a lot more pictures but I'll have to get those later. Thanks to everyone who showed up, and to those that missed it......you should have come. Please try and make it next year, I promise you'll have a good time.
robby750
more
robby750
last
TravisNeff
Looks like it was a great time, thanks for sharing the pics!
URY914
That looks like a great day.
SGB
Sorry Katy!
She only told me about four times.....
watching Bert (AKA Eric) arrive
robby750
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 17 2007, 11:24 PM) *

Sorry Katy!
She only told me about four times.....
(watching Eric arrive)

Um,..... his name is Bert.
SGB
Alright, I give up.

who were you again? I kid you, Oscar.

Which one is me?

Really, I could be wrong, or is that right.

Robby, is his name really Bert?
robby750
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 18 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Alright, I give up.

who were you again? I kid you, Oscar.

Which one is me?

Really, I could be wrong, or is that right.

Robby, is his name really Bert?

Yep, really is Bert.
SGB
Sorry Bert.

I'll go back and edit a few fixes. smile.gif
AZ914
Looks like some beautiful cars and country! Thanks for the pics!
bd1308
Geeze, and I thought I was the one with bad memory

laugh.gif

I had a real nice time this year, next year I will re-vamp things, with an earlier date, more actvities and door prizes.
Cano
Looks like you guys had a great time. I was sorry to miss it, but had too much family stuff going on with father's day. At least I was able to spend what little free time I had over the weekend working on the megasquirt conversion.

Are you still planning to do megasquirt Britt?
Jamie
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 17 2007, 08:08 AM) *

who likes curves?

Hey, that's the US-460 creek curve about 2 mi. from my house! And y'all ate lunch in Midway less than a 1/2 mi. from where we were having the Francisco Farm Art Festival-Dang!! I hope y'all find a date next year that allows me to join in the fun. icon8.gif
robby750
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jun 18 2007, 10:54 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 17 2007, 08:08 AM) *

who likes curves?

Hey, that's the US-460 creek curve about 2 mi. from my house! And y'all ate lunch in Midway less than a 1/2 mi. from where we were having the Francisco Farm Art Festival-Dang!! I hope y'all find a date next year that allows me to join in the fun. icon8.gif

Jamie, I have bragged about your car to everybody that has showed up for one of these, yet none of them has ever seen it! I sure hope you can make it next year and really hope you can make the Fall Foliage Classic this year. Doug, are you listening?
SirAndy
looks like you guys had a fun weekend as well!

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
You visited Woodfords? ohmy.gif

I'll be out next year to claim my prize! I'll steal Pigott's car if mine's not running.
GTeener
Whiskey tour drooley.gif Fun!

Woodford is yummy stuff!

Makes our WCR winery tour seem gayfight.gif
bd1308
Hey guys who came to the event!

I need your help, remember when I told you all I would forget who bought a T-shirt, well I did.

See the T-shirt thread please, and pm me what you bought.

Thanks!

hijack over
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.