Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I have a stock 1.7 FI engine and I'm in the process of removing the engine for the first time. I have tried to figure out how to remove the accelerator cable from under the air filter bracket. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks Mike
SLITS
QUOTE(xperu @ Jun 17 2007, 08:12 AM) *

I have a stock 1.7 FI engine and I'm in the process of removing the engine for the first time. I have tried to figure out how to remove the accelerator cable from under the air filter bracket. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks Mike

1.) 8mm pinch bolt (barrel nut) on accelerator arm (throttle body).

2.) 10mm nuts on outer sheath, loosen to remove cable from plenum bracket.

3.) Feed cable back through hole in passenger side engine tin.
Chuck
I went through the same thing about a month ago. The air filter bracket attaches to the motor in 3 spots. I'm sure you already found the bolt on the front of the bracket. What is hard to see are the two little screws on the rear legs attaching it to the motor. I tried everything to get those two loose on my car and just could not do it. So, once I got the front one loose, I simply bent the bracket back enough to give me access to the accelerator cable nuts. It is very straightforward once the bracket is out of the way.
xperu
QUOTE(Chuck @ Jun 17 2007, 12:27 PM) *

I went through the same thing about a month ago. The air filter bracket attaches to the motor in 3 spots. I'm sure you already found the bolt on the front of the bracket. What is hard to see are the two little screws on the rear legs attaching it to the motor. I tried everything to get those two loose on my car and just could not do it. So, once I got the front one loose, I simply bent the bracket back enough to give me access to the accelerator cable nuts. It is very straightforward once the bracket is out of the way.

your spot on! I found the single 13mm bracket bolt, but I am having problems finding the other fastners, so I will look for the two other screws. The haynes manual does not show the oil bath filter bracket, only the accelerator cable after the bracket is removed. It's really cramped for space with the FI in the area and being the first time for me with an engine removal, but a good experience. Thanks chuck. Mike P.S. If anyone else out there has run into this situation please chime in.
Chuck
xperu - forgot, a small flashlight (for looking around) and a screwdriver (for holding wiring out of your way) will help to find the screws on the two back legs. Hopefully yours won't be "frozen" in place like mine were. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.