Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no turn signals and brake lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
to try to solve no turn signal problem, I replaced light switch and flasher relay, checked fuses, cleaned all connections and put in new bulbs, cleaned but did not replace turn signal switch. now i realize i have no brake lights either. all other lights and emergency flashers work. i think those two circuits are not getting power. i have to find my color wiring diagram, but in the meantime, can someone tell me where to start? they say, "check grounds." i have and know how to use a meter, but i don't know how to check grounds. help
904svo
Check fuse#9 for power (12 volts both sides) this runs to the brake light switch
and then to the brake lights. You may have to clean the connection on fuse #9.

seejay5
Fawk it, use hand signals.
jfort
thanks, 904svo. i thought i had checked fuses. but, sure enough, #9 was burnt. i had run a wire from the right rear to a middle LED brake light. it rubbed through and was touching the body. fixed not only the brake lights, but also the turn signals. IM SO HAPPY!
904svo
QUOTE(jfort @ Jun 18 2007, 05:53 PM) *

thanks, 904svo. i thought i had checked fuses. but, sure enough, #9 was burnt. i had run a wire from the right rear to a middle LED brake light. it rubbed through and was touching the body. fixed not only the brake lights, but also the turn signals. IM SO HAPPY!

Glad you found your problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.