Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another "where do things go" question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toomanyinkc
Click to view attachment

A. I saw one pic with a hose connected here. Where does it go?

B. What goes through this hole w/ grommet? Fuel line?

C. I recognize this as where the air duct passes through. I'm not planning to install the heating stuff b/c I'm probably missing half of it. Will that cause problems? I don't have the L & R tin that covers the heat exchangers, either.

D. throttle cable?

E. (no pic) does the clutch cable go through the small hole (on the pass side) of the sideshift engine mount bar?

I can't say "thank you" enough to everyone on this forum who has responded to my questions. It makes the impossible task go much faster. As I learn more, I too will be able to give more back.
computers4kids
QUOTE(toomanyinkc @ Jun 17 2007, 06:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

A. I saw one pic with a hose connected here. Where does it go? Crankcase breather...stock goes to aircleaner...others plum to a "puke" box

B. What goes through this hole w/ grommet? Fuel line? Optional oil temp sensor wire that screws into oil sump

C. I recognize this as where the air duct passes through. I'm not planning to install the heating stuff b/c I'm probably missing half of it. Will that cause problems? I don't have the L & R tin that covers the heat exchangers, either.

You don't need the heat tin, but I'd plug the hole. The passenger side...which you are showing is often capped just above the engine side of the tin[/b]

D. throttle cable? A screw goes through here to hold the heater tube[b]

E. (no pic) does the clutch cable go through the small hole (on the pass side) of the sideshift engine mount bar?

I can't say "thank you" enough to everyone on this forum who has responded to my questions. It makes the impossible task go much faster. As I learn more, I too will be able to give more back.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jun 17 2007, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(toomanyinkc @ Jun 17 2007, 06:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

A. I saw one pic with a hose connected here. Where does it go? Crankcase breather...stock goes to aircleaner...others plum to a "puke" box

B. What goes through this hole w/ grommet? Fuel line? Optional oil temp sensor wire that screws into oil sump

You don't need the heat tin, but I'd plug the hole. The passenger side...which you are showing is often capped just above the engine side of the tin[/b]

D. throttle cable? A screw goes through here to hold the heater tube[b]

Umm, beg to differ with B - throttle cable goes through it.
Pat
computers4kids
My Bad...yes "B" is the throttle cable pass through
toomanyinkc
Ok, that helps. Where does the fuel line(s) come through? I saw a pic where they ame through the pass. side tin but I don't have any more holes available...

and

Dave_Darling
A: Hose goes to charcoal cannister, not puke tank.

B: Throttle cable.

C: Heater J-tube. Plug the hole if you're not going to install the J tube; the engine tin is specifically there to keep the under-car air andc the engine bay air separate!

D: Screw hole for the tab that holds on the J-tube.

E: Yes, the clutch cable goes through the hole in the motor mount bar. Not easily, as I recall.

--DD
toomanyinkc
Fantastic! last question -- where does the fuel line(s) come through?
Dave_Darling
Through the engine shelf. There are two oval holes in it where the rubber gromets plug in, and the lines go through those. The holes are not shown in your picture, but they'd be just off the bottom of the pic roughly even with B.

--DD
toomanyinkc
Thanks. That's the final proof that the shelf/battery tray/hell hole (I finally learned what that refers to) has been repaired. I don't have the holes in the engine shelf. Anyone have a picture? I'd like to eventually make it right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.