Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to get rear defrost window...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jonferns
so..our teener has (had) the rear window defrost option....but somwhere along the line, (according to documentation, in '87), the rear window was replaced and now there is no defrost....is there any way that I can get my hands on a used rear window with deforst??? and if so, where??? thx alot --JON
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jun 17 2007, 07:48 PM) *

so..our teener has (had) the rear window defrost option....but somwhere along the line, (according to documentation, in '87), the rear window was replaced and now there is no defrost....is there any way that I can get my hands on a used rear window with deforst??? and if so, where??? thx alot --JON

First, I'd put a wanted ad on this group.

Second, make sure you still have the electricals to support it.

Third, watch eBay - they come up from time to time. Most seem to be from Canada.
Pat
jonferns
thc alot pat...--JON biggrin.gif
orthobiz
I had the rear defrost on my 74 Zambesi, living on Long Island, driving it every day, snow and sleet. Funny thing with this car is the rear window hardly ever frosts over. But the wires in the window are cool and the switch lights up, too. Go for it! Next you'll be buying heat seaters from Craig!

Paul
jonferns
what is the average pricing...kinda wanted to bring the teener back to semi-original specs...thx --JON biggrin.gif
914Sixer
The hard part is finding a working one. Most of the copper element on the windows is gone. You need to be able to take a Volt Ohm Meter (VOM) and put the leads from the clips on each side of the window. If the window is good you will see a solid short otherwise it will show open. Windows are NLA from Porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.