Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd annual Shaffer BBQ August 4th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Everyone is invited.

The Boss says its time for our 2nd annual Shaffer 914 BBQ. The date is August 4th 2007 in Portage Indiana. This will now be known as the Red Arrow Run

Tentative plans:

Meet at our place before 11:30 am. Noonish Short drive (10 min) to new place in town called Quaker Steak & Lube for lunch (wings, burgers, ..... car stuff) from there take a drive up Route 12 (aka Red Arrow Highway) through the Indiana Dunes State Park. For those that made it last year a quick stop to check out the progress of the 1933 worlds fair home restorations then back to the Red Arrow Highway. Take some back roads and find ourselves in New Buffalo Michigan for some ice cream (I got to work on that route yet). From there work our way back to our house or ??????

The last part I need to work on. So come on out. It doesn't matter to us if we have 1 914 or 1000, we are going to do this.

If you want to make a weekend out of it there are some nice B&B's in New Buffalo and just up Rt12 in Union Pier MI.

Just post here if you plan to attend. Thanks! beerchug.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif

We are easy to find. Just off exit #19 (Portage/ Port of Indiana) on I 94 about 4 miles. Our address is:

Garold & Julie Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage, IN 46368
219-762-3179
GaroldShaffer
Oh, and it doesn't matter if you have 914 or not. I hope to have mine back from the body shop and together by then, but if not I will be driving the 944. dry.gif
bd1308
what about a non-porsche?

:/
Zimms
I am definitely interested too, but only have the Passat (running). Foul on the play?

Mark
GaroldShaffer
Bring what you got running biggrin.gif Just looking for a reason to get together with other 914 nuts
BigDBass
w00t.gif aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

I have three 914 nuts confirmed, me, my brother inlaw, and a Nieghbor kid with his 75. If you plan to attend please either post here or PM me. Oh and I'm picking up my 914 July 15th from the body shop, done or not I don't care amymore (long story) so depending on how "done" it is I might have to drive the 944 dry.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Garold.

Sorry for not posting sooner. I am in! Looking forward to seeing your car (ready or not).
beerchug.gif
BigDBass
Got my 914 back today. Can you see my grin?
ninja.gif icon_bump.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Garold:
I,ll be there,if my new dash gauges are done and installed by then.

Dave slap.gif

BTW one I got from you!
1bad914
I should be there with the Spousal Unit.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif and it looks like I may have my 914 back and :gasp: back together by then.
hands.gif signal914.jpg driving.gif party.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 9 2007, 06:50 PM) *

icon_bump.gif and it looks like I may have my 914 back and :gasp: back together by then.
hands.gif signal914.jpg driving.gif party.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
Can't wait to see it!
Zimms
I will be there, just without a teener. It''s going out to be media blasted soon!
mikelsr
Shelley and I will be there in the Boxster.

Mike
BigDBass
[22:09] Jackie: are you gonna drive it to Garold's?
[22:09] BigD: if it's still running by then
[22:10] Jackie: It will be if you just don't take it apart
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 10 2007, 08:17 PM) *

[22:09] Jackie: are you gonna drive it to Garold's?
[22:09] BigD: if it's still running by then
[22:10] Jackie: It will be if you just don't take it apart

agree.gif chairfall.gif

GaroldShaffer
Maybe by then I will have the 74 911 2.7 donor car here. Still working out the details, hopefully I will know more this week if it is going to happen or not. biggrin.gif
Doug Leggins
I can't commit 100% yet, but I am planning on attending.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Jul 11 2007, 03:59 PM) *

I can't commit 100% yet, but I am planning on attending.

clap56.gif Hope you can make it.
rigglet
I plan on attending with the wifey if it's not too offensive that I drive my Accord. I just don't trust the teener to make the trip this year.
Zimms
Garold,

Is there anything you want us to bring? A dish, burgers or beer3.gif ? MMy fiance will be coming with me.

Mark
mikelsr
agree.gif
Yea, what do you want us to bring?
BigDBass
Is there anything you want us to bring?

new place in town called Quaker Steak & Lube for lunch (wings, burgers, ..... car stuff)

Looks to me like grub is in the midst of the Red Arrow Run?
mikelsr
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 15 2007, 01:32 PM) *

new place in town called Quaker Steak & Lube for lunch (wings, burgers, ..... car stuff)

hmmm. got caught up in the moment. you're right
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mikelsr @ Jul 15 2007, 10:47 AM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jul 15 2007, 01:32 PM) *

hmmm. got caught up in the moment. you're right

Yep, its a new place in town. We will have chips, water, soda here at the house for the general BS sessions. biggrin.gif I have WAY to much crap in the garage, but I will have a better AC system to keep things cool in there if the weather is hot like last year.

If you have never been to a Quaker Steak & Lube before it is a neat place. We usually got there once a week as a treat for my son cool_shades.gif rolleyes.gif
check them out at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

We are looking forward to seeing everyone. Oh and my 5 1/2 yr old said bring the kids if you want. We have a nice playset in the backyard (equiped with a toddler swing) and and we can setup the delux slip and slide smile.gif
rigglet
Garold,

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make your event after all. I should have checked with my wife before confirming. My oldest daughter has a cheerleading event the same day. Damned kids always getting in the way of my fun. biggrin.gif

You guys have fun, but not too much fun! I will catch you all next time!

Troy
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rigglet @ Jul 19 2007, 12:16 PM) *

Garold,

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make your event after all. I should have checked with my wife before confirming. My oldest daughter has a cheerleading event the same day. Damned kids always getting in the way of my fun. biggrin.gif

You guys have fun, but not too much fun! I will catch you all next time!

Troy

sad.gif next time.
mikelsr
Garold,
Well I will have to do it again. We won't be able to attend. I didn't check the calendar when I said we would attend but I've found that we have an AX scheduled for both that Saturday and Sunday. I haven't have the /6 out much this year and I have put a lot of $$ into it so I can race it. My wife reminds me of this every so often.

Have fun and maybe I can get to one of the functions in the mid-west in the future.

Mike
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

No problem Mike. Come out and play with my SCCA region August 19th. We need more 914's there to show these young kids what a real car is biggrin.gif driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

Just as a reminder to all you eastern time people, we are on central (aka Chicago time) biggrin.gif

Oh, a nice new 18000 BTU AC unit iswill be installed in the garage. biggrin.gif Bring a jacket chairfall.gif
BigDBass
Anyone heading from northwest Illinois? Taking 294?
It's time for a 914 caravan!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Aug 1 2007, 06:32 AM) *

Anyone heading from northwest Illinois? Taking 294?
It's time for a 914 caravan!

Hi Dan.

I haven't made my plans as yet but I going! Pm or phone me. maybe we can get this thing together. driving.gif

847 612-2967

Mark

Edit:

I just realized the phone number was a typo error. Serves me right for not proof reading. Number above is correct.
BigDBass
Ok, Mark, I'll be in touch.

Perhaps one of you guys has a DIN stereo tool and/or can give me a quick lesson in how the hell to remove/install a stereo head? headbang.gif
BigDBass
Just in case anyone else is heading from the northwest, Mark and I are meeting between 9:30 and 10AM at the Gas City at 12954 S Cicero Ave, Alsip, IL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.