Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help ID 6 bolt 100mm rear stub axle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Luke M
I have two rear stub axles but not sure what they fit. confused24.gif
I'm looking for some info on these stub axles 6 bolt, 100mm od any idea what year/model? Stubs fit 911 rear hubs no problem.
I can take afew more measurements if needed.
Thanks, Luke
John
Part number????
914Sixer
They look like 66-68 Lobro stub axles. They may or may not have a part number on the top where the stub is. You will have to clean with a wire brush or wheel.
Krieger
I just bought a pair of these from parts heaven. $50 each. they are designed to fit ~74 to ~77 maybe 84. They are not the same as the early 911-those are 4 bolt joints but they are dimensionally identical and will fit the early hubs with the smaller wheel bearings. This is what I'm doing. I have the parts on my bench now and am certain of this. There are many posts for this try searching 911 stubs/hubs.
Luke M
I looked for a part # but nothing there. I dont even see where a part # may have been. The search continues.
John
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Jun 18 2007, 08:58 PM) *

I just bought a pair of these from parts heaven. $50 each. they are designed to fit ~74 to ~77 maybe 84. They are not the same as the early 911-those are 4 bolt joints but they are dimensionally identical and will fit the early hubs with the smaller wheel bearings. This is what I'm doing. I have the parts on my bench now and am certain of this. There are many posts for this try searching 911 stubs/hubs.

I have the 74-84 style on my car right now. In 85 or so, they went with larger bolts.
Luke M
I checked the cv bolt size on the stub axle and its the same as the 914 stub axle bolts. so I must have the pre 85 911 stub axles. Which means that the 944 100mm cv's will bolt up ???
John
Maybe.

I'm using up to 1984 911 cv joints and modified 914/6 axle shafts, and 915 coarse spline output shafts to make mine work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.