Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sponsorship
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
VaccaRabite
Okay,

We have the basics laid out. We have a site, we have a date. Awesome.

Now we need money and goodies.

I have planted the seed of sponsorship in McMarks head, and mentioned it casually to Brad over at Club. I don't know the guys that run Roadglue or NARP, or have a connection on those boards where I would feel right asking for sponsorship.

I am going to pester Dr. Evil about some goodies, but he is the only member vendor that I know.

We need people to start making contacts to the other boards and venders - or even just the general readership. Any Volunteers?

Zach
Rick L
I don't know any of those folks either, but I'll put something together to distribute to them. dry.gif
VaccaRabite
Brad over at Club has offered some money. now is NOT the right time to pester Mark about money, after the bath he took due to WCC.

Rick, when you were talking to Kerry, did he tell you the amount of money spent on food and such, and how he raised it? Out of pocket? Donations? Little of both?

Zach
VaccaRabite
By the way, I will put $100 towards ECC07 out of pocket.

Zach
Rick L
smilie_pokal.gif
I'll Match that.
beerchug.gif
zymurgist
If I remember correctly, we had a set of stainless fuel lines for a door prize last year. Not sure if Racer Chris made them but that would be my guess.
Rick L
I've just posted a plea for sponsors and donations (prizes and funds) to the member vendors. Let's start talking them up in the other forums. So far, I've tallied about 30 cars (if they all show). This has the potential to be huge. If it gets much bigger, I'll call local hotels and see if we can get a group rate on bookings.
plas76targa
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Jul 7 2007, 02:44 PM) *

I've just posted a plea for sponsors and donations (prizes and funds) to the member vendors. Let's start talking them up in the other forums. So far, I've tallied about 30 cars (if they all show). This has the potential to be huge. If it gets much bigger, I'll call local hotels and see if we can get a group rate on bookings.

Rich,

There's a Hampton Inn about two miles from our house. Next closest place is West Patrick St - Red Horse inn is one, and then a whole plethora of hotels off I-270 and Rt 85 in Frederick (about 6 miles away).

I will look into a Tent or large covering for shade and inclement weather.

Do we want to make a twisty road tour or a pass through a nice covered bridge?(like the Fall Foliage Classic crowd does). There is one such bridge about 20 minutes away. I'll check the maps and test drive any twisty roads. Won't be any 'tail of the dragon' but could be fun.

or we just hang out, drink beer, brag about our cars and maybe even swim in the pool.
Rick L
yeah! We have our first parts contribution!

Mikey914 has pledged 3 seals as door/raffle prizes for ECC.

I've hit up several member/vendors without much success, continuing to plug!
ar15.gif
VaccaRabite
Mike (Dr. Evil) has pledged a set of his drilled for saftey wire CV bolts.
Zach
ws91420
You might try horizontallyoppsed (sp) Pete Stout of Excellence to see if he can get anything or give you some contacts.
Rick L
Cool, thanx Welby!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.