Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: picked up the ebay sixer.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Pics tomorrow, it's freaking dark.....took 3 hours to get there and four back....was able to launch it down the street. Will prolly hear about it from the neighbors tomorrow. It's a ROCKET....fried the wheels in two gears. Gotta watch it as it's 5 years out date on registration.

Anyhow, nice polished Fuchs, the brake fluid looks like mud and stops like it....paint is worse than the /4 and so is the interior.

More tomorrow as it's my day off and all I have to do is decorate the tree.....
redshift
whew!

M
Joe Bob
Please change that god awful avatar or I will put the buttcheeks back up..... barf.gif

BTW,,,,I will decide tomorrow if I will keep it or flip it....Ferg from Colorado has first shot as he helped me get it....
Gint
I know it runs.... Sounds good.
Joe Bob
Thanks for the change.... wub.gif

Gint called me up and insulted me...so I fired up the sixer and woke the neighbors again......
Gint
Like you needed an excuse to do that. Happy to give it to ya.

BTW - That is one of the nicest garages I've ever seen. wub.gif

Please change that god awful avatar or I will put the buttcheeks back up.....

Thanks for the change....

I second that. Not only was that one god-awful picture, but the thought of Z's ass cheeks.... barf.gif
redshift
I don't need to be asked twice, I know in-kind retaliation when I see it.

Mike... what else did they nail you for?

M
Ferg
Great news Mike smilie_pokal.gif

Can't wait to see the pic's tomorrow. Ferg.
Gint
IPB Image
Scott S
Ferg -
If you sell the white car call me!

I even think I have a guy who can put the pink stripes back on for cheap! wink.gif
Joe Bob
Here's the pics.....

a little rough but has a gnarly 2.7 in it.....really growls. Running 16x6 Fuchs, Carrera front and rear suspension.....a little rust work, a little paint.....yada yada yada....

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Joe Bob
I needs some rocker panels if anyone has some for sale.....
Gint
I needs some rocker panels if anyone has some for sale.....

I have a set, but I can't let 'em go right now. You shouldn't have any trouble findong some local anyway. Looks like a decent deal for what you paid.

I even think I have a guy who can put the pink stripes back on for cheap!  
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Mike,

Try to refrain from doing burnouts on camera. It *might* not help if you so choose to sell the car at a later date. laugh.gif

B
Ferg
When you have the time, how about some pic's of the "bad" areas, or the not so nice one's. Motor looks very nice, how come I can't do burnout's in my 2.7 mad.gif must be the CIS wink.gif

Scott, keeping the white car wink.gif you'll be first to know if it ever goes for sale, I would even give you a deal on a trade in.
Eric_Shea
Z,

Glad it's finally "in hand" smile.gif

Redshift... those are my 911RS seats! There the ones we're modeling the 914 speedster style seats after... same bolster. More on that later.

Z... good luck with the project. No rockers here. sad.gif
boxstr
Looks like a parts car with rockers sitting in the street laugh.gif take them off and drop the price accordingly.
CCLINROCKCITY
Joe Bob
Here's the jack points.....it has a stiffening kit but need rust prroofing and little more welding....
Joe Bob
Other side..........
swood
Out of curiosity, what would this car re-sell for? How reliable is that 2.7? Where is it in the line of /6 engines you would want in a 914?
Joe Bob
If I were to sell it as-is.....prolly 9K.....fixed up with paint and interior 12-13K....little less than I got for the "Rocket". It had a fuel injected 3.0. This one has about the same HP, but it's carbed and everyone knocks the 2.7. Until you DRIVE one that has been done right.

burnout.gif
redshift
Nice job Mike.

You should clean up the rust, instead of rockers, do some RS type thing down there..

I like it alot.

M
markb
Mike, I've got 2 sets of rockers at the shop. You want the black ones or the chrome ones? Yeah, somebody decided to chrome a set. One side looks pretty good, the other, the chrome didn't take. Drive the thing up here & we'll throw them on.
Joe Bob
Don't know when I can get up there Mark....but if it's alright can a friend come by and pick them up? THANKS BTW..... pray.gif
Black is good....chrome sucks. If and when it gets paint, the bumpers will be body color and no nipples.....

Took the front bumper off and put a new top on it and pounded out the dent. Tried to take off the nipples but they have been impacted and they have dents underneath as well.

This car is SURPRISINGLY rust free except where they fucked the pooch when they did the chassis welding....THAT's what happens when you let fresh welds rust....
markb
Having someone come by & pick them up is ok by me. I'm there monday thru wednesday. Got anything good to swap, or do you want to pay something?

I'll just be glad when I can get Dad's Car into the shop to start the cutting/welding portion. It's been out in the weather for 2 years now, & I'm beginning to worry. unsure.gif
Joe Bob
$$ or a 914 alternator, Sachs throw out bearing, a 3.0 smog pump, a few other thangs.....send me an email for what you are looking for.

356@cox.net
redshift
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 12 2003, 01:51 PM)
Redshift... those are my 911RS seats! There the ones we're modeling the 914 speedster style seats after... same bolster. More on that later.

The only thing I really freak out over that isn't a 914 is my RS parts fetish.... I am a recoverd Shelbypartoholic.

You don't need an old stinky guitar, I guess?

smile.gif

M
Joe Bob
It's getting late where you are....go to BED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
redshift
Ok, I may be a bit jealous of your new car...

Flip you for it.

finger.gif

wink.gif

M
Joe Bob
MISTER.......... Drunken Whore....buttmunch.... blink.gif
redshift
Just as I was getting tired, you pepped me up.

Please, don't feed the bears.

M
Joe Bob
What are you trying to be? ME????I was you before you was you......um You was him....um Brad did it......it's his fault..... aw fuck it....gomme a beer.... bootyshake.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.