Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Accelerator cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
I was wondering if there is any one in or close to San Diego that has a 914-6 accelerator cable I could buy, hopefully pick up tonight?

Please let me know since the car is broken down in a pretty bad spot

Sorry for posting here but its kinda a small emergency

Thanks again
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(cbenitah @ Jun 18 2007, 04:27 PM) *

I was wondering if there is any one in or close to San Diego that has a 914-6 accelerator cable I could buy, hopefully pick up tonight?

Please let me know since the car is broken down in a pretty bad spot

Sorry for posting here but its kinda a small emergency

Thanks again

otto in venice makes them and has plenty
cbenitah
Thanks
I was hoping within 60 miles kinda.. but if not whats his contact info?
SirAndy
QUOTE(cbenitah @ Jun 18 2007, 03:32 PM) *

whats his contact info?

http://www.ottosvenice.com/
JohnM
Try Black Forest @ 858-292-1192 they have always helped me when I needed a part to get me going in a pinch. Let them know yours is stranded. 8066 Engineer Rd. 92111. Good luck, John (I have a spare 914-4 throttle cable if needed- LMK.)
Justinp71
You can do what I did and take a 914-4 cable and splice on the 914-6 cable end, I did it under the boot on the cable just after the tranny mount for the cable.

I only did it b/c my car was stuck in an apartment complex and I needed it fast. It works fine and you can't tell the differance. biggrin.gif
Allan
Why do you need a /6 cable?

I thought you were running a 1.8.

Black Forest is a good suggestion though...
cbenitah
I'm driving a 914-6 2.0 until my car is done.. and it is amazing. not much power but oh the sound.. made me change my mind from having anything other than a porsche engine in my car...

thanks i'll give it a try
cbenitah
so the end of this story for today..... Got a cable, turned out to be the wrong cable, so here I am in the middle of the dark, trying to install a cable that is not right.. So I hooked up the cable at the rear and then took a plier and drove home 20 miles with a hand throttle.. Worked pretty good although not the safest way to travel.. so now its time to order the right cable..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.