Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-P-
Picked this up a few weeks ago. It has been a bit cold to drive the 914, but this fills its shoes nicely.

IPB Image

IPB Image
ppickerell
My wife has her sights set on the beemer Z4 (msrp $33950!). I keep telling her it will be let down as she drives a 235 HP turbocharged intercooled R70 vulva.
Brad Roberts
Patrick,

your wife needs a 2-3 year old Boxster if she wants a vert.

The S4 looks good.. after all the problems my buddy had with his S4 last year... I'll stay away from the TTV6.

B
Eric Taylor
Man you suck. That's probably my favorite car right now. How's the power feel? Is it an auto or 6 speed?
Eric
fiid
I have heard that the Z3/4 are not great in the handling dept. I test drive a 2.8 Z3 a while back and honestly it felt like a 3 series crossed with a pram (walker). All but the M suffer from chassis flex and consequently don't handle that well.

I would show her the Elise if I was you. It's an entirely more entising vehicle :-).
Bruce Allert
My sister in law just had her Z3 supercharged. Now she's going in for extra suspension mods to go with the added power. Said she's tired of having her boy friend walk away from her in his 64 Vette...... pounce on that vette, seester boldblue.gif

...........b
d914
sweet, had one of those pass my 944 at the track. It really sucked to see the second set of doors go by. High side it passed alot of cars that weekend.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Dec 11 2003, 09:50 PM)
My wife has her sights set on the beemer Z4 (msrp $33950!). I keep telling her it will be let down as she drives a 235 HP turbocharged intercooled R70 vulva.

I'm a BMW guy but the Z4 is a Chris Bangle Bungle. I'm with Brad. Get the Boxster.
-P-
I wouldnt have bought the car if it wasnt Audi certified to 100K. I fullly expect to need new turbos and a new other common items but they should all be covered.

It is a 2001 s4 tip with 43K and the Blue Alcantara suede seats. Interior rocks, is super fast, and handles even better.
ppickerell
I am sorry sad.gif , but I cannot get behind the boxter. I know it is there from an engineering standpoint, but it does not work for the heart. I would rather buy her a 3 year old low mile 911 smile.gif than anything but she is adamant about not sitting where someone elses ass has been headbang.gif . What a woman! We were at the international car show at Moscone center a couple of weeks back and you should have seen her face when she sat in the beemer, beautiful wub.gif !
Jeffs9146
she is adamant about not sitting where someone elses ass has been

She has a point! I wouldn't want to sit in a seat that the PO shit in when the back of the car slipped out!!~ ohmy.gif

Jeff
fiid
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Dec 12 2003, 08:30 AM)
I am sorry sad.gif , but I cannot get behind the boxter. I know it is there from an engineering standpoint, but it does not work for the heart. I would rather buy her a 3 year old low mile 911 smile.gif than anything but she is adamant about not sitting where someone elses ass has been headbang.gif . What a woman! We were at the international car show at Moscone center a couple of weeks back and you should have seen her face when she sat in the beemer, beautiful wub.gif !

You could buy her a new set of seats??

Fiid.

P.S. ELISE!
ppickerell
There was a thread today on craigslist rant and raves that postulated on what were the top 10 gayest cars driving-girl.gif and the boxter was on most peoples list. Miatas also icon8.gif . My wife read this new toy thread here and says you guys don't know anything about cars, you drive 914's. Tomorrow I call my lawyer ar15.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.