Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hole?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaminM3
I have searched and can't find a description of the "hell hole". What are people talking about when they refer to this location? confused24.gif
TROJANMAN
Underneath the battery tray
Cap'n Krusty
Right side of the car, below and slightly forward of the battery. It includes the horizontal surface, the right bulkhead, the firewall, and the vertical surface opposite the bulkhead. If it's not there, it's already too late! The Cap'n
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 18 2007, 04:32 PM) *

Right side of the car, below and slightly forward of the battery. It includes the horizontal surface, the right bulkhead, the firewall, and the vertical surface opposite the bulkhead. If it's not there, it's already too late! The Cap'n

1ST Order of business.... welcome.png

2ND, as the "Cap'n" sez, the repaired area depicted below is where the "hell hole" is found. Oft times it is the cummulative result of spilled battery acid, vented battery vapor, road salt, moisture, leaves, and the general accumulation of road detrius that ends up deposited in that area.
jaminM3
I am going to go check and see how my hell hole is? huh.gif
Allan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 18 2007, 04:32 PM) *

The Cap'n nailed it.

If you are going to buy a car look there.

If you have already bought a car look there and find the holes he described.

But anyway welcome.png
jaminM3
Wow,
Here are the rust pictures and sure enough, the hell hole has some holes in it. What do you guys think?

jaminM3
More
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
tracks914
Ah thats nothing!

Here is are real HELL HOLES welder.gif

And these were fixed.
ptravnic
are you handy with a welder? if not, now is a great time to learn.

Allan
That's realy not so bad.

A few pieces if sheet metal, some self etching primer and paint.....

But dig deep....
jaminM3
I bought a mig-welder and a fender and headlight box from Lawrence. It seems to of been in a mild fender bender in the past.

I just don't have the time to do it yet. I am guessing I will be locked in my Garage with the welder come about August...
fitsbain
Here you go.

Nothin a little sawzall-smiley.gif and smash.gif and welder.gif and headbang.gif willn't fix.

Click to view attachment
degreeoff
now THATS a hell hole!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.