Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgw
Anybody know this car, or the person selling it? Or where in the US it is located? Where the hell is Ridgefield, Hartford?

If I get any decent info on it I might be bidding, its the right color and has GT flares and a 6, my main requirements.

If I get stupid my red 2.0 will be for sale.
dgw
Shit! This car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6430
VegasRacer
QUOTE(dgw @ Dec 11 2003, 09:30 PM)
Where the hell is Ridgefield, Hartford?

Connecticut

The car looks nice.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(dgw @ Dec 11 2003, 09:30 PM)
Or where in the US it is located? Where the hell is Ridgefield, Hartford?

ppickerell
HP to spare and a nice high selling price to go widdit
boxstr
The selleer had a bunch of Porsch eitems for bid on ebay. I emailed him a few times before he put the car up for bid.
Said he had $30000 into the car and had been working on it for the last few years.
CCLINCAMP914
VegasRacer
IPB Image
dgw
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 11 2003, 09:42 PM)
Connecticut

The car looks nice.

Connecticut!?

Makes me think of rust, No offense intended to east coasters.

It does look nice. No engine picture though.

Boxstr, what do you know about it and how did you know about the car before it went up on ebay?
jridder
Wow. Is it really that much fun to spend 1 1/2 years building up a car, spend $30,000, drive it for 100 miles and then sell it for a loss? Even if it sells for $20,000 that would be $100 a mile.

Jonathan
Bleyseng
Where is the oil tank?? He did not use the stock 9146 tank it seems...hmmm this is not good.

Geoff
d914
oil tank is that big shiney thing in the front truck. Race piece..
Part Pricer
Ridgefield is in the western part of Connecticut, right on the border of New York state. It is just south of Danbury.

I don't know the guy. But, I do know of him. I don't know his motivation, but he does seem to sell his projects shortly after completing them.

His house is sizeable and I've never seen a 914 outside. So, I am sure that they are well protected from the weather.

I know one of the other members of this board has bought things from him and been in his garage and seen his stuff. (Uhh...that didn't come out quite right. You know what I mean.)

If you are interested in the car, contact me. I'll head over with my digital camera.

Also, I do know that he owns a martial arts studio and his wife could easily kick my ass.
IPB Image
dgw
QUOTE(jridder @ Dec 11 2003, 10:45 PM)
Wow. Is it really that much fun to spend 1 1/2 years building up a car, spend $30,000, drive it for 100 miles and then sell it for a loss? Even if it sells for $20,000 that would be $100 a mile.

Jonathan

Yeah, that is sort of the question I asked. No response yet.

confused24.gif
boxstr
DGW, He had items for sale earlier, before the 914-6, for bid on eaby and I emailed him and asked him about the items and the car that was in the background pictures.
CCLINCAMP914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.