Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club NARP, 914club, 914world...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jaminM3
I see people write about the "old club" or "the split". Why are there three different websites for these cars? I see many of the people here still frequent the others sites still too. I checked them out and 914world seems to be the friendliest and most easy going and ACTIVE community of the three, but I have just been looking for the last couple months. confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:24 PM) *

I see people write about the "old club" or "the split". Why are there three different websites for these cars? I see many of the people here still frequent the others sites still too. I checked them out and 914world seems to be the friendliest and most easy going and ACTIVE community of the three, but I have just been looking for the last couple months. confused24.gif

They are just other sites. We all love each other dearly. Nothing to see here. Move along. stirthepot.gif
scotty b
We were once a great and proud people. All was well.......well seemingly so. The n came the great incident which none dare speak of. We do not speak of the incident out of fear of another flame war....a flame war our small faction cannot take. We now werk together to create a better....stronger......utopia of 914's. A place where our brothers come together all shapes, sizes,colors and even some of those border jumping V8 guys are welcome here. We want not infighting so some have not been allowed (by there own choosing) but we disallow none, as we are a loving caring crowd who simply want to get along.
cuca914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 19 2007, 05:27 PM) *

They are just other sites. We all love each other dearly. Nothing to see here. Move along. stirthepot.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif (we need a 'cop in riot gear with nightstick' emoticon)

BTW:
welcome.png
JB 914
"Money....So they say.....is the root of all evil today"
Pink Floyd
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 19 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Why are there three different websites for these cars?

My friend there are a lot more than 3 websites dedicated to the 914. Do a Google search & be amazed. welcome.png

cool_shades.gif

PanelBilly
I don't write often, but this is the only site I frequent. It fits my needs and I don't see any reason to look further than that. If your happy in the shade of a tree, stay there.
Howard
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 19 2007, 04:34 PM) *

We were once a great and proud people. All was well.......well seemingly so. The n came the great incident which none dare speak of. We do not speak of the incident out of fear of another flame war....a flame war our small faction cannot take. We now werk together to create a better....stronger......utopia of 914's. A place where our brothers come together all shapes, sizes,colors and even some of those border jumping V8 guys are welcome here. We want not infighting so some have not been allowed (by there own choosing) but we disallow none, as we are a loving caring crowd who simply want to get along.

Scotty's in the Ganja, Scotty's in the Ganja smoke.gif laugh.gif smoke.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 19 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Scotty's in the Ganja, Scotty's in the Ganja smoke.gif laugh.gif smoke.gif

Nah my back has gone into a spasm so I'm into the oxy...... blink.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(cuca914 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:37 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif (we need a 'cop in riot gear with nightstick' emoticon)

BTW:
welcome.png

busted_cop.gif
cuca914
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 19 2007, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(cuca914 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:37 PM) *

BTW:
welcome.png

busted_cop.gif

Close enough! beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
There are several good sites. Most are niche sites & good at thier own thing. I visit almost all of them regularly.

But THIS is the BEST overall site! Everything is covered here.

They even let CW's in!
Pat
sww914
I think that if you do a search you can find some older threads, last December or so, and you can figure out why there was a split.
It's been beaten to death here already and I think we're all happy just moving along now.
The 914club.com was the original of the 3, there was a problem involving apparent greed, and the club split into 3.
A few people only frequent 1 or 2 of them for reasons of their own, but I think that 914 world is clearly the most active of the 3.
G e o r g e
my favorite place to learn and chat is the Samba 914 room beerchug.gif

popcorn[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif stirthepot.gif popcorn[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif wavey.gif

I only come here* when i'm awake, other times i'm not here

* "here" meaning , world , narp, the bird, roadglue, club, samba, aircooled tech, p914, and the others
xitspd
Think fo it this way! The owner of 914club.com is not is not worthy of membership in NARP or 914world.com.

Dan
Dr Evil
The only advise I give is to surf all and stay where you fit in. As for why, that is personal and is all about you. I have no public beef with anyone in the 914 community, but I also do not have time to surf more than this site.
Allan
QUOTE(xitspd @ Jun 19 2007, 07:13 PM) *

Think fo it this way! The owner of 914club.com is not is not worthy of membership in NARP or 914world.com.

Dan

2 pokes for you Dan poke.gif poke.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(xitspd @ Jun 19 2007, 08:13 PM) *

Dan

That's hilarious chairfall.gif
So.Cal.914
I only come here and to NARP...I can't take anymore abuse than that.
Allan
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 07:16 PM) *

The only advise I give is to surf all and stay where you fit in.

I love you Mike..... biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I knew you did wink.gif I wont tell grouphug.gif
Scott Carlberg
Two things...

1) don't forget Roadglue.com

2) Does anyone else STOP themselves when talking about THIS site, ie referring to this Website, only to say "the 914 club site" ?????

I won't go back to the club site, but it seems so much easier to say - - -
the 914Club, instead of the 914World, you know?

Just curious.
markb
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 19 2007, 07:24 PM) *

agree.gif

biggrin.gif
jaminM3
OK, I think I am getting the picture, I guess I will search a little..

I too don't have enough time to frequent a bunch of sites so I will probably be here the most.

What is the Roadglue.com site about??
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Jun 19 2007, 11:34 PM) *

Does anyone else STOP themselves when talking about THIS site, ie referring to this Website, only to say "the 914 club site" ?????

I won't go back to the club site, but it seems so much easier to say - - -
the 914Club, instead of the 914World, you know?

Just curious.

yes
JoeSharp
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 20 2007, 12:50 AM) *

What is the Roadglue.com site about??

914's
Joe Ricard
I think it now all depends on what you are looking for.

NARP = bunch of old guys that happen to have a 914 but would rather party and BS

World = get your car fixed via crazy opinions from 6000 members

Club = get your car fixed by self proclaimed experts and some of the same 6000 members

Pelican = Get your car fixed next week if someone who cares stumbles on your post

Rennlist = I have no idea
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 20 2007, 07:23 AM) *

NARP = bunch of old guys that happen to have a 914 but would rather party and BS

Hey! How old do you think I am? dumbass.gif

And may I remind you: you own a NARP tongue.gif
TJB/914
914-World fits me like a comfortable pair of shoes, but I check out others from time to time. We have everything & all types of people. They only thing missing on this site is more women contributors. rolleyes.gif The reason, it's sometimes a tough crowd.

T
Joe Ricard
We gets plenty of womenz in the sandbox. Oh you mean real women
SLITS
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 20 2007, 08:23 AM) *

NARP = bunch of old guys that happen to have a 914 but would rather party and BS A bunch of really dedicated individuals, who vary in age, but throw work parties .... give away parts .... BS & bash each other, but are the closest knit bunch of them all.

World = get your car fixed via crazy opinions from 6000 membersThe correct information comes from NARP crossovers

Club = get your car fixed by self proclaimed experts and some of the same 6000 members this is hard to disagree with 'cept it's inhabitated by REAL parking lot racers

Pelican = Get your car fixed next week if someone who cares stumbles on your post A place to go to buy parts and post when NARP & WORLD have problems or you're teminally bored. Inhabited by fence-sitters

Rennlist = I have no ideaA bunch of old technical pinky lifters who are to good to communicate with the rest of us barbarians

Roadglue = A mixture of NARP & WORLD with a taste of Pelican and Rennlist

Damn swamp dwellers can't get anything right.
Howard

NARP = bunch of old WITTY guys that happen to MAY have a 914 but would rather party, BS AND INSULT PEOPLE. CHECK IN HERE FOR PARTY LOCATIONS AND RANDOM DRIVES.

World = get your car fixed via crazy opinions from 6000 members BUT NO POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS JOKES.

Club = get your car fixed by self proclaimed experts and some of the same 6000 members. JOKES OF ANY KIND ARE NOT PERMITTED. THIS IS THE PLACE FOR RACERS.

Pelican = Get your car fixed next week if someone who cares stumbles on your post. YEAH, BUT THE OFF TOPIC SECTION IS GOOD.

Rennlist = I have no idea. WHAT'S RENNLIST?

Good explanation. I added a bit, then noticed Ron had posted too. Great minds, etc. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 20 2007, 08:11 AM) *

NARP = bunch of old WITTY guys that happen to MAY have a 914 but would rather party, BS AND INSULT PEOPLE. CHECK IN HERE FOR PARTY LOCATIONS AND RANDOM DRIVES.

World = get your car fixed via crazy opinions from 6000 members BUT NO POLITICAL/RELIGIOUS JOKES.

Club = get your car fixed by self proclaimed experts and some of the same 6000 members. JOKES OF ANY KIND ARE NOT PERMITTED. THIS IS THE PLACE FOR RACERS.

Pelican = Get your car fixed next week if someone who cares stumbles on your post. YEAH, BUT THE OFF TOPIC SECTION IS GOOD.

Good explanation. I added a bit, then noticed Ron had posted too. Great minds, etc. biggrin.gif

Signed..............The Old Guys of NARP laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jun 20 2007, 09:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 20 2007, 08:11 AM) *

Signed..............The Old Guys laugh.gif

Oh, I forgot one

World = Inhabitated by the shortest Admin on the planet.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 20 2007, 08:17 AM) *

World = Inhabitated by the shortest Admin on the planet.

av-943.gif

(i wasn't going to post in this thread, but that was just too funny)
GTeener
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 20 2007, 08:28 AM) *

They only thing missing on this site is more women contributors. rolleyes.gif The reason, it's sometimes a tough crowd.

T

idea.gif Pretty sure it's not the tough crowd that keeps the women away smile.gif
You guys are just as bad gossips and crybabies as women.

Statistically, not as many women are car hobbiest as men.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 20 2007, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 20 2007, 08:28 AM) *

They only thing missing on this site is more women contributors. rolleyes.gif The reason, it's sometimes a tough crowd.

T

idea.gif Pretty sure it's not the tough crowd that keeps the women away smile.gif
You guys are just as bad gossips and crybabies as women.

Statistically, not as many women are car hobbiest as men.

av-943.gif Unfortunately agree.gif . biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jun 19 2007, 08:24 PM) *

agree.gif great support here in the SoCal region and else where in the country as well!
drew365
I'm proud of the civil tone everyone has kept in this thread. It makes me glad I hang out here.
jaminM3
That Brad guy posted this:

Up until Dec. 13 06 World and Club where one. The people running World didnt like the direction I wanted to go with Club so a split was decided.

Club was first ages and ages ago. The people at NARP didnt like how things where being ran and decided to start their own.

Opinions will vary.. blah blah..

It is over. Everyone is happy and we moved on. /brad

I'm sorry if I am dragging this out, but wouldn't it be easier to have one, especially since half of you contribute to 2 of the three anyway. It would make for a much better site. Oh, well, It seems more and more people are coming here anyway..
Rand
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 20 2007, 04:19 PM) *

I'm sorry if I am dragging this out, but wouldn't it be easier to have one, especially since half of you contribute to 2 of the three anyway. It would make for a much better site. Oh, well, It seems more and more people are coming here anyway..

They will never merge - There is zero chance of that, so best to just let it go.

As was mentioned, there are also several other 914 forums out there. Each is managed by a different company or unique personalities that want to do it their own way. Each board has its own flavor. Hang out at as many or few as you like.
Dr Evil
If you research the threads from that time you will see why it is not better to have one site. Many people have very strong opinions about the management of Club, while here it is more geared toward a democratic setup. Others at Club do not like all of the banter we have here and want a more sterile 914 talk only environment. Then there are the clashing opinions and attitudes of the various members over the whole event. There is no shortage of opinions on the matter, this is why I say to try all and see which one you like.

welcome.png
SLITS
Sorry, it's time to kill this thread.

There is NO hostility between any of the sites. Sometimes we may joke about it. There are still those that can't seem to get past it but then the onus is on them for their short-sightedness.

Club is Brad and it is run the way he wants it. His minions do not like the banter a few of us throw out and are, by their word, strictly racing. We were also labeled by one of their members as "A group of silly individuals who like to hang out in parking lots and drink beer". I, for one, resemble that.

World is admined by good people. It is a site that some old-timers and a lot of newbies inhabit. Some have left over the split. Some distress is still experienced by some but that has been covered above. A LOT of NARPsters / RoadGlue-ers cross post on World because it is like our second home that we do not trash (for the most part).

NARP is inhabited by some close friends but we still invite all to join in our usual senseless banter. It is akin to Animal House ... and we are PROUD of it. It was formed when Club went down and World didn't exist.

There is a real thin line, if any exists, between NARP and WORLD. ROADGLUE existed, then didn't and then came back during the black hole between Club and World. It should be as active as NARP.

WORLD seems to be the primary choice of most 914 owners. We can be one site because in reality we already are .... WORLD. I am a NARPster by name, but I do not diss WORLD as I consider all who inhabit it to be friends. Being a shit-stirrer, I like to poke at WORLD and fully expect and want them to come to NARP and poke at us. I've left Randy (RoadGlue) alone (but that can change).

So, it doesn't make any difference where you call home or what you call a "second home". Oh, and if you really want who was first we can start the roll call at several sites, but primarily Pelican Parts (who really didn't like any of our acts, RENNLIST. RoadGlue and a few I have forgotten or never really knew.

GET THE FUCK OVER IT. WE ARE ALL STILL FRIENDS AND ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY and if that changes - none of the sites will exist.

CASE CLOSED - THERE IS NO DIVISION
Chris Pincetich
welcome.png
Whew - if it wasn't for this thread I would have forgot to check RoadGlue as part of my 914 internet clicking regime this week beerchug.gif

Randy and Glenn put together some great FREE info and pics there beerchug.gif
Joe Sharp and the NARP crowd are the funnest to hang and party with (I have one BBQ worth of experience) so I click there for updates, its FREE, and gotta make sure nobody kicked the bucket beerchug.gif beerchug.gif laugh.gif
Lots of the local NorCal AX racers boast and leak some FREE info at 914club, so I click there driving.gif
The FREE World had the biggest baddest collection of best tips and good times so I bookmark it. beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Obviously, I was never the type to pay for community derived internet knowledge. I plan to attend the PCA AX at Marina, where "Club" members should get a discounted fee, but the # of "reduced price" events I plan to attend is less than the cost of the "membership"...I did the math. OK, back to work huh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 20 2007, 03:57 PM) *

I plan to attend the PCA AX at Marina, where "Club" members should get a discounted fee

i'll be there too ... driving.gif

wanna guess what kind of "discount" i'm going to get? slap.gif
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: i need a 914-World Windshield sticker ... idea.gif stirthepot.gif
MoveQik
Truth be told, I'm a little irked with one of the World admins.

At Atomic Clay said he was working on a viable AC set-up for six conversions. Obviously it STILL isn't available for sale and it is 110 degrees here today! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 20 2007, 04:02 PM) *

At Atomic Clay said he was working on a viable AC set-up for six conversions. Obviously it STILL isn't available for sale and it is 110 degrees here today! biggrin.gif

looks like your conversation with him "went over his head" ...
av-943.gif Andy
G e o r g e
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2007, 05:04 PM) *

av-943.gif Andy

chairfall.gif aktion035.gif av-943.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2007, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 20 2007, 04:02 PM) *

av-943.gif Andy

Zzzzzzzzzzzing!

Damn, the kraut has a sense of humor.
Rusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2007, 07:04 PM) *

av-943.gif Andy

Damn, that was harsh... happy11.gif

Hey, Ben... I hope that fender works out for ya. Shipping was a real b*tch. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.