Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield and targa top trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
Hi guys,
I am in the process of replacing my sail panels, I would like to make my aluminum trim shine...nothing seems to make a difference...It looks like that some of the trim pieces are not available (OEM)...(other than the sail panel trim)
does anybody know of a way to make the trim shine again...and has anybody had their trim reannodized?
THANKS! flag.gif
Joe
Jasfsmith
Last time I checked all the trim pieces you need are available, though you might have to go to several sources such as Pelican Parts or AA to pick them up. They will be VERY expensive.

I purchased a used set to see if it was possible to bring them back to life and found that the best I could do was with Black Magic, a chrome polishing paste. Still it wouldn't return them to "new" appearance.
watsonrx13
Joe, PP has a nice article you might want to check out...

-- Rob
Tobra
THat article needs more detail on removing molding and pictures
joeav8tor
I was able to remove the trim without a problem...a glass man (friend of mine) removed the windshield trim...so I didnt bend it...I spoke to AL Reed from California and he is going to reanodize my trim pieces...as a back up Steve Gaglione helped me price the new trim pieces and they total about $1100...I am hoping not to have to buy them.
flag.gif
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.