Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR "08
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have a really good idea for next year iffin you are willing.

How about meeting half way?

I have the perfect idea. Let's meet at the HWY 58 turn off for the the Walker Basin and take a 70 plus mile drive to the motel?

Anybody game???
neo914-6
i vote Willow Glen, the elementary school now hosts a car show laugh.gif

Seriously, combine it with the Laguna Seca Vintage race again. Drive through Carmel backroads. Camp Laguna or stay in Monterey. smile.gif

...or Las Vegas as orignally planned. rolleyes.gif
JoeSharp
Sorry you guys. North or South. You had it in the middle this year and I had more cars to a Bar-B-Q......
You want us to go on the rides you better consider us.....
Andyrew
Hey, this year was also a bad year for the mid valley people with everything that has happened...

nontheless, there are more people south than anything..
JoeSharp
We have the funds to put up an event with the PCA where we can have 50 drivers pre register for an A/X with the Riverside Region. This is going to happen on the 9th of February 2008.
The Wild West Classic....
I will post in another thread.
Sorry, I edited the date.
neo914-6
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *

We have the funds to put up an event with the PCA where we can have 50 drivers pre register for an A/X with the Riverside Region. This is going to happen on the 9th of February 2007.

Sweet, great name too!
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *

We have the funds to put up an event with the PCA where we can have 50 drivers pre register for an A/X with the Riverside Region. This is going to happen on the 9th of February 2007.

But Joe,

Would they allow V8 914's???
JoeSharp
Riverside Region let's us run what you brung. Chevy or Suby it won't matter. We can do a rental car class.
Allan
That sounds like a great plan Joe.

I'm game...
xitspd
Let's do it!

Dan

Hi Joe........
Borderline
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jun 19 2007, 10:19 PM) *

Is it just me or has Feb 2007 come on gone? Are we talking 2008? Feb sounds good. I hate the Riverside summer heat! And we know it won't rain! Sounds good!
jim_hoyland
agree.gif

February is a great time.
JohnM
As for WCR 08 the sooner it is pinned down the better. Folks can plan out vacations and have a date in mind if they have to do annual bids for vacation time. While WCR 07 planners were still trying to pin down what date, the Atomic Ramble had a set date so it was the one I was able to plan for when I had vacation bidding at the end of the calendar year. John
GTeener
February? Could be raining? confused24.gif or does it not rain in So Cal? happy11.gif
Tobra
just don't have it on Father's or Mother's day
carreraguy
I'll support a SoCal GTG - sounds like fun!
orange914
i'm game!!! problem is this year i couldn't seem to get past the 5 mile mark headbang.gif stromberg.gif icon8.gif
NOT NEXT YEAR! i'm hearing 1911cc happy11.gif
boxstr
One suggestion. Find a hotel to use as your safe house, but whoever is attending. MAKE YOU OWN RESERVATIONS. Do not put this on one person.
Just a thought...
CCLIN914NATION
roadster fan
edit:

just found the post for the Wild West Classic! biggrin.gif

Is this going to be the 2008 version of the West Coast Ramble?

Jim
McMark
I completely support and will most likely attend the Wild West Classic. That being said, I would like to continue the spring/summer tradition of the West Coast Ramble. According to the rotation, the Ramble should be in SoCal this year. But we would need someone to plan it. We have a volunteer for Seattle planning already if we want to go north again next year.

What does everyone else want? Please post your desires and thoughts so we can plan.
JoeSharp
I with Mark. Of course I would like to see the WCR here. We would have to build a team to manage it. Lets work on this or give it to Seattle.
rhodyguy
who's on the hot seat for seattle? i certainly hope IN THE CITY IS NOT THE PLAN!! top 5 for shit traffic in the country. rooms will cost a fortune unless you're staying in a crack/meth, whore infested motel on aurora ave north.

k
Allan
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 30 2007, 07:27 AM) *

rooms will cost a fortune unless you're staying in a crack/meth, whore infested motel on aurora ave north.

k

What's wrong with a motel infested with whores?
So.Cal.914
It should be in SoCal, maybe find a hotel/motel that all can afford and in a central location so most(locals) will drive the same to get there. IMHO
dinomium
If we had in on the Olympic Penisula, I bet we could piggy back a local PCA region event... Lots of twisty roads too!
Brando
I opt for SoCal as well. We will see a much larger turnout. I would highly advise staying away from piggybacking a Riverside Region PCA event - venue is too small and not fast enough for he kind of fun we want, the only benefit I see is their relaxed tech inspection and slight adherence to Zone 8 safety rules. Now... If we went down to El Toro in the San Diego area or Qualcomm, or if we could even get the Speedway in Fontana to give us a large parking lot for a tight/curvy road course -- that would be a fun/fast event. Not sure how strict their inspection is nor rules and regs. We would have to get that laid out ahead of time.

Who is coordinating this event? I've got a suggestion or two for a rally... Glendora Mountain run or Palms-to-Pines pass...
MartyYeoman
I vote for the southland in '08.
I had a great time there in '05.
Good drives, fun people and new scenery.
Allan
QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 31 2007, 02:21 PM) *

I would highly advise staying away from piggybacking a Riverside Region PCA event - venue is too small and not fast enough for he kind of fun we want,

Aaron would enjoy it... av-943.gif
McMark
QUOTE(Brando @ Jul 31 2007, 02:21 PM) *
Who is coordinating this event?

No one, yet... ph34r.gif

Step 1: Find a hotel that can accommodate everyone and won't sheeplove.gif us. rolleyes.gif
Step 2: Plan things to do. We don't necessarily need a track/race event. And for a Fri-Sat-Sun timeline, you would be tight fitting a track event in at all, IMHO.

I'm ready to help out from afar. clap.gif
Allan
icon_bump.gif
TROJANMAN
It's not exactly coastal, but I am in the beginning stages of planning a NATIONAL event in Colorado for the summer of '08. I figure if the PNW guys are willing to drive as far as SO CAL and the So Cal guys have made the trip to the PNW, then this is just as good of a location.

The plan is to piggy back THIS EVENT, plus we have some Really nice drives planned. And you get to drive your cars to 14,000 feet. We can even do Pikes Peak as an alternative.And by this time next year, we should have our new track online. driving.gif

I was hoping a Colorado location would help bring in some of the guys from the midwest. rolleyes.gif

My thought was with Joe's event in February in So Cal, that this would make a lot of sense.

What do you think?

It would be a family atmosphere event, as their is alot to do here if people want to plan their vacations around the event
This would be a one time thing for CO. I ain't planning it twice.
brer
If this comes to San Diego I may be able to help.
skline
How about someplace in between LA and SD? smile.gif I am sure we could piggyback an event with the OC PCA and maybe get an AX at El Toro? I know Dizzyland is close by along with Knott's Berry farm and I know of a few restaurants we could get to host meetings and grub and drinks. We could easily make a full weekend out of it.

Saturday mornings you have the Donut Derilicks in HB or Crystal Cove down PCH which would make for a really nice casual drive. I may even know where we could get a Giant BBQ trailer for a beach event. I just don't have the time to put it all together.
brer
maybe a group kyacking excursion one morning in La Jolla?
and a visit to my favorite Brekkie place the Big Kitchen!

so did I kill this or what?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.