Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project 914 3.6 update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
I know a lot of people think I'm too picky about what I'll bolt on my car and some people like poor Nate (914 parts.com) have got a huge dose of it.

My car is painted after 7 months of waiting. The results are worth it but it's far from the "driver" I had started to build. More articles on the build are coming....

Here's a teaser of what the car will look like......Black!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Lou W
blink.gif Wow, that is beautiful. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 19 2007, 11:37 PM) *

I know a lot of people think I'm too picky about what I'll bolt on my car and some people like poor Nate (914 parts.com) have got a huge dose of it.

My car is painted after 7 months of waiting. The results are worth it but it's far from the "driver" I had started to build. More articles on the build are coming....

Here's a teaser of what the car will look like......Black!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Paul you little tease! You were not kidding. This guy is really good! Wow!
McMark
That's amazing. You got a very skilled painter there! Very cool. I can't wait to see the rest of it.

BTW, targa top pictures. wink.gif
PRS914-6
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 19 2007, 11:55 PM) *

BTW, targa top pictures. wink.gif

Yep, haven't forgot. Just got home after the Skip Barber course and sifting through the pics from the weekend. I'll assemble a early\late Targa top thread in the next few days.
McMark
biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 19 2007, 10:37 PM) *

Here's a teaser of what the car will look like......

hey, somehow all your orange peel got transfered to my car!

just swing by next weekend and i'll give it back to you ...
biggrin.gif Andy

PS: nice photoshop work on those pics poke.gif

PPS: i'm just kidding! jeeze ... cool_shades.gif

PPPS: and those PMS instructions would be really helpful. i owe you a beer already, time to upgrade to a dinner ...
roadster fan
HOLY @#$@#$!!!!!

That is sweeeeeeeeet paint drooley.gif
RON S.

Awesome painting Paul,

I guess it proves,you get what you pay for thumb3d.gif $$$$$$$$

Ron
Johny Blackstain
Nice paint job thumb3d.gif ! Congrats on your mistake. Yes mistake. You wanted a black daily driver? Let me guess, you made it too pretty did'nt you? You forgot how black looks dirty even after you wash it did'nt you? I'll bet you forgot that black shows off every imperfection the car has, even those you did'nt know were there. I also have a black Teener & a black 75 Scirocco. Believe me I'm not putting you or your Teener down, just talking from experience... behold my mistake below- 24.5 years old & now useless as a truck. Never, never make your truck or daily driver pretty biggrin.gif .
degreeoff
YEP! I agree....thats why my teener is going GREEN!
iamchappy
Thats why I am going from Black to Signal Orange, But I love Black and so will you...
Looks great!, Nothing looks better....
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jun 20 2007, 05:00 AM) *

Nice paint job thumb3d.gif ! Congrats on your mistake. Yes mistake. You wanted a black daily driver? Let me guess, you made it too pretty did'nt you? You forgot how black looks dirty even after you wash it did'nt you? I'll bet you forgot that black shows off every imperfection the car has, even those you did'nt know were there. I also have a black Teener & a black 75 Scirocco. Believe me I'm not putting you or your Teener down, just talking from experience... behold my mistake below- 24.5 years old & now useless as a truck. Never, never make your truck or daily driver pretty biggrin.gif .

Totally understand about the black......Thought about all that. When we talked about "driver" that didn't mean "daily", it'll be a summer car. We were just looking for something nice and clean without "show quality". Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending how you look at it) my painter is very picky and can't do anything unless it's perfect. I even told him not to make it so nice that I wouldn't want to drive it.

The guy primed and blocked the car 4 times!!!! The good news is that there are still some painters left who take pride in their work but they are getting very hard to find.
boxstr
Like I say, " you can't go wrong with basic black".
CCLIN914NATION
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 20 2007, 10:51 AM) *

Totally understand about the black......Thought about all that. When we talked about "driver" that didn't mean "daily", it'll be a summer car. We were just looking for something nice and clean without "show quality". Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending how you look at it) my painter is very picky and can't do anything unless it's perfect. I even told him not to make it so nice that I wouldn't want to drive it.

The guy primed and blocked the car 4 times!!!! The good news is that there are still some painters left who take pride in their work but they are getting very hard to find.

I think I'm in love w/ your painter wub.gif . I'm not knocking black... I own 3 black cars, it's just such a pain in the ass dry.gif . And yes, nothing looks better, or badder, or sexier than classic black.. & nothing is a bigger pain in the ass than classic black. The price you pay w00t.gif .

cool_shades.gif
andys
I bought a new '73 2.0 blk/blk fortunately with AC. Black is arguably the best color for a 914. Hard to keep it clean? You bet, but a car cover (even a cheapie) will keep it looking fresh for a while after a wax job. Biggest down side living on the edge of the high desert in SoCal is how miserably hot the car gets after baking in the sun all day.

Andys
Phoenix-MN
mmmmmmmmm..............black

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.