Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel spacers? I have this part # wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
OK after seeing JB's car W/O wheel spacers I am wondering if I will need em?

PART# is 911.361.020 with a big sqaure and the # 11 stamped inside

They are 7" front 8" rears

?1 will I need to have different studs pressed in to do it as the ones I have are only 1.5' long?

What are you flared fender guys doing to fill them wells out?
Johny Blackstain
Pic of part? I just put stock 944, 21mm, wheel spacers up front & changed the studs to 65mm, Welmeister, to compensate. My front wheels are 15"x7". Here are before & after-

cool_shades.gif
degreeoff
So Johny, the rears fit well? as 8" all alone?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jun 20 2007, 09:31 AM) *

So Johny, the rears fit well? as 8" all alone?

Oh yeah, happy11.gif , Fuchs 15"x8" sporting 225/60s. Up front I've got 215/60s'. This is a before picture, but my rear tires are the same size as in this shot. Note the huge space up front w/out the spacers & 215s'.

cool_shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
I have the same setup as you, but I trimmed the lip off to 1/4" so that I can run a 1" spacer on the rears. It fills it out very nice. The problem you will run into with the front is that if you put spacers on there it will scrub as the turning radius changes. Instead of them pivoting equally they rotate... if that makes sence. So, the best way is to get eights for the front as well and it will fill things out better for you.

On the studs you should get bolt on spacers as they are stronger for your car. They are only about $25 more than the others too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.