Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where B Da Van?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
I know there have been some personal setbacks, but has the van moved yet? Just looking for completion.

sm

ps. Or is it in the paint shop getting flames painted on it and a hooptie naked mural on the back?
Qarl
They are installing the chromed 21 inch wheels with the spinning centers as we speak.

Then comes the ice blue metallic custom paint, hydraulics, and the super dark tint.

The 2000 watt stereo system, subs, and DVD entertainment center will be installed on Monday.

Then it can be delivered.
Brad Roberts
I need to speak to the Cawdreys and see what weekend is good for them.

I can pick it up any time this coming week (planned for Tuesday)

B
rick 918-S
I was a little curious about that myself. Don't forget the camera!
Brad Roberts
Oh. First part of the bill is paid (3k) I will pay the rest when I test drive the van.

I cant wait to drive in crappy snowy weather all the way to Seattle.

B
914werke
Crap I figured this was already up here. Wish Id known I was just down at Ft. Irwin for the week and could have redirected and driven it back saving you the hassel Brad.
boxstr
Don't drive it, transport it.
CCL
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 12 2003, 09:40 PM)
Don't drive it, transport it.
CCL

I thought the same thing when you did the thread on the transport awhile back Craig...... if there's enough $$$ it might be the best way to go.

...........b
rhodyguy
is this vehicle going to need an immediate service (new engine) when it arrives in seattle to preserve any warrantee? please tell me this engine came with some type of. the siskyous can be a real crap shoot this time of year. i beat the weather window by 8 hours a week ago. with fuel potential, lodging, snacks, and the cost of a one way ticket, transport maybe an attractive alternative.

kevin
Brad Roberts
I will ask the dealership about the "service". I can take it to any of the local dealers for oil change/blah blah. It is 300 some odd miles from me to the van.. so it will have 300+ on it when I get it to SF.

I'll look into the shipping thing.... although it defeats the whole "fact to face" thing on delivery (photo op..LOL)

B
Korijo
I need to speak to the Cawdreys and see what weekend is good for them.

Got that nasty flu bug right now. But about the delivery, anytime is good. We dont really do anything or go anywhere right now. Next weekend ??

Back to bed... icon8.gif
Brad Roberts
Next weekend it is. I'll leave out on Thursday night.

Anyone know how long it takes from SF to Seattle ??

Does JP hate me ?

B
Korijo
Took me 11 hrs in a Honda Civic. But no snow, etc. Prolly 15-20 ??

Oopps ! I'm supposed to be in bed wink.gif
rhodyguy
brad, figure 3 1/2 hr from salem or. redding to tacoma was 9 hrs. you won't be in a bmw averaging 86 mph. try to time portland before noon. that will put you into seattle before the afternoon rush.

kevin
Hawktel
Mapquest is calling it:

Total Distance: 807.75 miles
Total Estimated Time: 12 hours, 31 minutes

Your Milage May Vary.

chatsmiley.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks gang.

Kevin can we get a single sticker for the van ?

B
rhodyguy
of course. do you want to pick it up on the way through laugh.gif ? you can stop by and freshen up if you like.

kevin
Mike Pearson
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 14 2003, 01:37 PM)

Anyone know how long it takes from SF to Seattle ??

We did the trip a few weeks ago (Hayward - Seattle) on the Saturday after Thanksgiving in almost exactly 14 hours, including one (long-ish) meal stop and gas stops. We left at about 9:30 in the morning and breezed through traffic all the way.

The trip south was about the same, but we left Seattle at 4:00 AM so we would be going through Mount Shasta and the Siskiyous passes during daylight hours.
Bleyseng
sounds like you better carry chains.....Gotta love that drive in the winter!

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.