Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NNJ, meet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
RS22b
So who would be up for a NNJ meet sometime soon? Havent seen ppl lately nor a 914 other than mine on the road.

We will need to figure out a place and day that will work for most.

_billy

SLKWrx
Mine is sans engine, trans and fuel lines, I'll have to pass on this one.
RS22b
steve you need to get that thing goin! its been way too long.
rmital
not sure how many of us left in Northern NJ....

There's always the Whiskey Cafe on Saturday nights if wanted to just hang out.
Could meet over at MovieTime if anyone needed lift time...quick oil change, etc....then over to the Whiskey....

....if anyone wanted to make the drive up to Park Ridge, I could throw some burgers on the grill. Maybe map out some roads up in Bergen County for a run.
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 21 2007, 04:15 PM) *

Could meet over at MovieTime if anyone needed lift time...quick oil change, etc....then over to the Whiskey....

....if anyone wanted to make the drive up to Park Ridge, I could throw some burgers on the grill. Maybe map out some roads up in Bergen County for a run.

Go to Bear Mtn - that road on the eastern side of the Bear Mtn Bridge is truly awesome.

-pt
rmital
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 21 2007, 02:35 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 21 2007, 04:15 PM) *

Go to Bear Mtn - that road on the eastern side of the Bear Mtn Bridge is truly awesome.

-pt

...just did a fun run with the "993" group up there a couple weeks ago. I thought we could do a repeat with the "914" group.
Really beautiful area. Great roads...lots of twistys.
993 fun run video
jonferns
this gathering sounds interesting...hmm..biggrin.gif --JON
drewvw

great video ray...that run is in Jersey???
rmital
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 21 2007, 03:57 PM) *

...just over the border into New York. Lots of nice roads in the area...some are really breath taking. You forget that your only 25 minutes from Manhattan.
I live in Park Ridge, right on the border of NY (about a 3 wood away)....so I get the "best" of both worlds. Of course NJ and NY get bad raps. Bergen County (NJ) and Rockland County (NY) could compete with most other States as far as open space and scenic roads.
type11969
Depending on the weekend, I would be up for a cruise/hangout. Of course your 914s would have to put up with a t4ed Beetle.

Seems like the N.E.W. lost a lot of steam this year. Anyone heard from Rich or Leo recently? Doesn't help that Pete's having all the fun with his projects up there in Buffalo now!

-Chris
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jun 22 2007, 07:15 AM) *

Anyone heard from Rich .....
-Chris

last summer, Richie had all the time in the world...now that he's in the working force again, probably doing 90 hour weeks at his new restaurant, we may never see him again sad.gif

Doesn't help that Pete's having all the fun with his projects up there in Buffalo now!
-Chris

agree.gif ...Pete needs to come home. He could always bunk in the storage container behind MovieTime...
turboman808
I'm always down for anything where there are cars.

Bear Mountain would be kinda cool. I've tore up some pavement on the bicycle but never in my car. I'm up there at least once every weekend.

But Movie Time and Whiskey Cafe would be alot of fun. Followed up by party that night at the strip club and running from cops on 21 aktion035.gif
type11969
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 21 2007, 02:54 PM) *

...just over the border into New York. Lots of nice roads in the area...some are really breath taking. You forget that your only 25 minutes from Manhattan.
I live in Park Ridge, right on the border of NY (about a 3 wood away)....so I get the "best" of both worlds. Of course NJ and NY get bad raps. Bergen County (NJ) and Rockland County (NY) could compete with most other States as far as open space and scenic roads.

Ray, that road that video is on isn't along the deleware outside Port Jervis, is it? If not, it definitely reminds me of one out that way that I haven't been on in a long time . . .
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jun 22 2007, 09:21 AM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 21 2007, 02:54 PM) *

Ray, that road that video is on isn't along the deleware outside Port Jervis, is it? If not, it definitely reminds me of one out that way that I haven't been on in a long time . . .

didn't get that far west...the guy that arranged the run kept all the roads within an hour of the city.

just driving thru "7 Lakes Drive" (Harmon State Park) was nice....probably too many State Troopers though.
RS22b
Hey sounds great Ray.

Im up in Montvale everyday im actually goin over to Blue Moon right now for some Mexican snacks.

Let me know when we wanna do this and we can set it up. Whiskey Cafe and Movietime i guess would be the route to go.

_billy
rmital
QUOTE(RS22b @ Jun 22 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Im up in Montvale everyday im actually goin over to Blue Moon right now for some Mexican snacks.
_billy

...I'm just about a mile or 2 away from "Blue Moon"....PM me your cell so we could meet next time I'm home for the day....
I'm sure you drive right past my house on the way there...off Ridge Ave.
i love porsche
just say the date and ill try and make it....a work day on my car wouldnt hurth either =]
psu914
sounds fun, count me in.
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 22 2007, 10:03 AM) *

Anyone heard from Rich .....
-Chris

Doesn't help that Pete's having all the fun with his projects up there in Buffalo now!
-Chris

agree.gif ...Pete needs to come home. He could always bunk in the storage container behind MovieTime...

Fun has been in rather short supply - but the orange car will live! I've been waiting to get it properly road worthy to post a thread but here's a couple pics anyway (remember the side rails w/all those holes?). My pops & me have really slaved over this car in the past few weeks. I hadn't planned on saving the orange car but my dad pursuated me & since he was willing to pour blood, sweat, and tears into the welding side of the "recovery" I willingly went along with his "new" plan...

Driver's side wheel well had a nice hole that was getting my feet wet when it rained... All patched up & POR-15'd (actually Chassis Saver b/c it's 1/2 the price of POR-15)

Click to view attachment

Driver's side rail, this thing is a work of art (as is the passenger side for that matter), again Chassis Saver over top to keep it beautiful for years to come...
Click to view attachment

The interior was stripped (I hate tar), scrubbed with gasoline, then got the Chassis Saver treatment. "While we're in there" we put in a freshly rebuilt pedal cluster, new 19mm master cylinder (it's got the 320i brakes up front), and new front brake lines.

Click to view attachment

We also mounted the fuel pump & filter in the bottom corner of the front trunk so as to make changing the filter V easy. Again, "while we're in there" the fresh air/heater hoses got updated & the gas tank got a fresh coat of paint.. The trunk area's are going to probably stay with the rust preventative black brush on Chassis Saver - the look is kinda growing on me. The gas tank area and the engine bay got the silver Chassis Saver (I thought black for the engine bay was just too dark).
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

There's still quite a bit to do, but if all goes well both it and the black car will be tearing up the streets by the time I shuffle off to school.

-pt
RS22b
looks great Pete! glad things are moving along up there.

So at this point, just so we all have enough warning. Why dont we do the meet the July 14th?

Sound good to ppl? If so i will post up an actual meet thread for all of us to reply in and such.

_billy
tod914
Hey guys.. count me in if you do one. Bear Mt. would be awesome. Had my hands full the past 6 months and havent had time for much of anything. Ray still got your rivets as well. Great roads up there. Couple good eateries in the area too.
rmital
I might be busy on July 14th (company picnic)...I'd be up for Sunday the 15th though. No Whiskey Cafe', but we still could set up a wrench session or a fun run. Then barbeque back at my place..... jsharp.gif
i love porsche
sunday the 15th sounds good to me!
tod914
sounds good smile.gif
RS22b
15th sounds great.

shall i set it up and post it?

Ray let me know if we would be able to get some wrench time in there if ppl really wanna do that?

I wouldnt mind wrenching for a bit, but would rather go for a ride.

_billy
type11969
Anyone interested in doing it Saturday instead??
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jul 3 2007, 11:10 AM) *

Anyone interested in doing it Saturday instead??

...I'm still interested either day...just when and where is the question...
Winfield
Hi campers, I just found out about this site and logged myself in today. I'm from NJ and would be interested in attending a 914 event. Keep me in mind if and when you decide on a specific place and time. For myself, driving to Bear Mountain would be a stretch. My car isn't too comfortable for long treks, as it's built for the track. But I'm game for something w/in the state
type11969
Where in Jersey?
rmital
QUOTE(Winfield @ Jul 3 2007, 12:43 PM) *

I'm from NJ and would be interested in attending a 914 event.....

Winfield...where about's are from in NJ..?

The bunch of us have typically gotten' together around the Northeastern area. Around the Meadowlands....
RS22b
Well if we do saturday i say we get together over at Whiskey Cafe and then head for a ride. Or do a ride first and use that as a meeting point.

Sound good?

_billy
Winfield
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jul 3 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Where in Jersey?

I'm in Warren, in Somerset County. (The Jersey answer is exit 36 from Route 78)
type11969
Cool, I grew up in Westfield, Union County (135 off the pkwy)
RS22b
not too much of a ride. + if something were to happen we would prob have a few good techs on hand.

_billy
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jul 3 2007, 01:21 PM) *

Cool, I grew up in Westfield, Union County (135 off the pkwy)

...Jersey talk....what exit are you from?

me, I'm exit 172
type11969
If Saturday works for everybody else, I'm more free then. No 914, but I'll have my Beetle.
Winfield
QUOTE(RS22b @ Jul 3 2007, 03:23 PM) *

not too much of a ride. + if something were to happen we would prob have a few good techs on hand.

_billy

I certainly could do the Meadowlands. I've driven there for autocross events for several years. Now I know I'm the new guy here, but could I suggest a venue? Cruise nights have become popular over the last few years. One that I think is excellent is the one in Somerville. It's every Friday evening on Main street. Officially, it starts at 6:00 pm but people start showing up to get good parking spaces on the street as early as 4 It's easy access off of 287 or 22. There is an overflow lot when the main drag fills up, and it always does. There are often 200 cars in attendance, but very few P cars. The crowds are considerate of the cars. You are allowed to set up chairs on the sidewalks. All the restaurants stay open, (there are numerous good ones of all types of cuisine) and there is a D-Jay playing oldies music all evening. It's also free. Maybe this is too far South for most of you but I thought I'd mention it. No I'm not a member of the Chamber of Commerce or anything.
jonferns
me, exit 136 biggrin.gif -JON
i love porsche
my 924 is down for the count right now, so i would need to bum a ride...ray, you have a very nice passenger seat dont you? laugh.gif
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 3 2007, 03:37 PM) *

my 924 is down for the count right now,....

what happened....?
i love porsche
busted radiator hose...waiting for the parts to arrive to fix it.....nothing serious..i just wanted an excuse to ride in your car =]
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jul 4 2007, 03:44 PM) *

busted radiator hose...waiting for the parts to arrive to fix it.....

...water cooled... slap.gif
RS22b
ok so we will be doin this on Saturday the 14th then. Whiskey Cafe, Lyndhurst, NJ.

Any particular time for anyone? i was thinking around 2pm. should give sufficient amt of time for ppl that need to get up early and work on their cars before heading out tongue.gif

_billy
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 26 2007, 01:37 PM) *

I might be busy on July 14th (company picnic)...I'd be up for Sunday the 15th though. No Whiskey Cafe', but we still could set up a wrench session or a fun run. Then barbeque back at my place..... jsharp.gif

....I'll be out on Saturday till later on that evening. Hopefully could catch up with you all around 5-6:00pm....save me a spot at the Whiskey if your there...
Leo Imperial
gunner.gif

Drive, Drive, Drive!!!
RS22b
well we could start it around 3pm at the Whiskey Cafe and then head out for a drive and come back to the Whiskey Cafe for some food and drink afterwards.

Any suggestions on drives?

Was thinking we could prob go a few different routes and directions.

i guess we could always take a poll when ppl show up to the meet.

_billy
i love porsche
saturday works for me but ill have to leave around 5 for work...so sunday would be better but oh well
type11969
If Sunday works out better for everyone then don't let me be the driving force to change it! If you change it back to Sunday, there is a VW show in Bound Brook if you guys want something to drive by . . .

-Chris
RS22b
Poll:

Saturday at 3pm
-or-
Sunday at 3pm

Or another weekend?

Post quickly, this needs to be decided asap if its goin to be this weekend.

_billy
i love porsche
sunday
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.