Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Boxster fuel economy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
I did an upgrade to my '00 2.7 Boxster prior to a trip. I put the turn signal/wiper/cruise/trip computer control to activate the on board computer. Sooo I was able to montior the fuel economy during the trip (cruise control all the way, foot out of it ----for the first time).

Guess what?

30 MPG on the highway with a 28 MPG average!!! Seeing as how I usually get 18-20 I was curious to see what it would do without excessive pressure on the long skinny pedal. This is stock 914-4 territory!
BMXerror
You're surprised? It's a pretty high tech, modern engine with high VE. Imagine how good it would do if it weren't hauling that big boat of a car around. haha poke.gif Just messin. I'm actually interested in getting an older Boxster as a daily driver. How do you like yours? How do they hold up to milage and PO abuse?
Mark D.
IronHillRestorations
I got mine from a Bluegrass in Louisville. It was traded in after only 3 months and 3600 miles. I've only got a little over 31,000 miles, with no major troubles. I love it. It's a Tiptronic and I like that alot too, just my preference. The longer I live with the Boxster the more 914ish it seems.
mills914/s
Great cars..My mom has a 2000. boxter that does great on gas... (When my brother and I or her for that matterare not AUTO Xing it)... The only thing I dont like.. We have never attempted a oil change yet ourselfs... But her mechanic charges over 100 bucks to do the oil... Including the MOBIL 1 Synthetic oil that the book calls for... Gets expensive.....Mom has BUCKS tho. I dont.
IronHillRestorations
Oil change on a 986 is no more difficult than on your 914, maybe easier! I've pretty much done all the service on mine.
Tobra
I got 33 MPG driving from Sacramento to San Diego in an '84 911 Carrera, went 80-90mph and did not race anyone
grantsfo
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 20 2007, 10:48 AM) *

I did an upgrade to my '00 2.7 Boxster prior to a trip. I put the turn signal/wiper/cruise/trip computer control to activate the on board computer. Sooo I was able to montior the fuel economy during the trip (cruise control all the way, foot out of it ----for the first time).

Guess what?

30 MPG on the highway with a 28 MPG average!!! Seeing as how I usually get 18-20 I was curious to see what it would do without excessive pressure on the long skinny pedal. This is stock 914-4 territory!

Stock 914-4 territory? On Long trips my 914-4 averaged 37 MPG HWY.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.