Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is this 914-6 from Texas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Met Mike and his wife at the AR in May and want to get either an email address or screen name so I can contact regarding 914. Picture attached...

Jim Hoyland
LowGT
I dunno, but it sure is purdy. drooley.gif
Bryho
His name is Mike Floyd. I used to have his phone and email but can't find it...
You can usually catch him at Wes's shop in Plano.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(LowGT @ Jun 20 2007, 08:20 PM) *

I dunno, but it sure is purdy. drooley.gif

It's a great car with an equally great story behind it; surprised you don't recognize yer fellow Texan. Maybe Clay will chime in; they drove out together from Texas to Alberqurque.

Clay?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Bryho @ Jun 20 2007, 08:29 PM) *

His name is Mike Floyd. I used to have his phone and email but can't find it...
You can usually catch him at Wes's shop in Plano.

Thanks Bryan,

Is he on this board or the NARP board ?
Johny Blackstain
Did he buy that car from Rich Johnson? If so, then that is one of the finest custom Teeners I've ever seen. Looks like he sanded & painted the roof since this photo. Tan interior w/ 911 dash?

cool_shades.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jun 20 2007, 08:34 PM) *

Did he buy that car from Rich Johnson? If so, then that is one of the finest custom Teeners I've ever seen. Looks like he sanded & painted the roof since this photo. Tan interior w/ 911 dash?

cool_shades.gif

Don't know who he bought it from; but it is tan interior with 911 dash and is really a great looking and great running 914
Bryho
You got my PM?
Not sure if he is on this board or NARP.
I met him at Wes's a few times and we both live in Frisco so we have bumped into each other at restaurants once or twice. We have talked about hanging out and working on our cars but I have a 4 year old and it is hard to do much...
I don't know the history of his car but is very nice
Johny Blackstain
It was on eBay a couple years back & I gave it some serious thought & checked it out. Schweet! thumb3d.gif
dakotaewing
Rich Johnson helped Mike aquire the car through the ebay sale -
The car then spent a bit of time at wes's shop getting all the kinks out...

If I have my story straight, Rich did not "build" this car, but advised Mike and Wes after the car was aquired - I believe the car was originally in North Dakota?
TE
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jun 21 2007, 12:08 AM) *

Rich Johnson helped Mike aquire the car through the ebay sale -
The car then spent a bit of time at wes's shop getting all the kinks out...

If I have my story straight, Rich did not "build" this car, but advised Mike and Wes after the car was aquired - I believe the car was originally in North Dakota?
TE

I thought it was in Rosemont, IL?

cool_shades.gif
dakotaewing
I remember Mike saying that the owner who put it together spent way too much money,
primarily because no one in his area knew the cars very well,
and he was also not happy with the way it ran, and his mechanic could not get it fixed...
Doesn't sound like IL to me.... confused24.gif

Sorry -
TE
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jun 21 2007, 12:23 AM) *

I remember Mike saying that the owner who put it together spent way too much money,
primarily because no one in his area knew the cars very well,
and he was also not happy with the way it ran, and his mechanic could not get it fixed...
Doesn't sound like IL to me.... confused24.gif

Sorry -
TE

To me it does... I remember the same story- too much money putting it together & was not happy w/ the un-tweaked results. Perhaps it was there before it went off to ND? Or perhaps I'm an old fart now & got some brain cells crossed up in my head & remember wrong? Either way she's cherry & worth every penny.

cool_shades.gif
ClayPerrine
Rich Johnson helped Mike Floyd acquire the car. Rich didn't buy it.. it was not up to Rich Johnson's Standards poke.gif av-943.gif

It spent a significant amount of time in Wes Hildreth's shop getting all the problems with the conversion corrected. But it is a beautiful car.

Mike (And also Rich) appear here sometimes. If you want me to relay info to them, I can, but I won't give out an email address without their permission.

jim_hoyland
Thanks Clay,

Tell Mike I wanted to contact him re Getty dash and I want to send hime a couple of pics. He should remember me from AR- I talked to several times. I can be contacted by pm

Jim
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 20 2007, 11:51 PM) *

Thanks Clay,

Tell Mike I wanted to contact him re Getty dash and I want to send hime a couple of pics. He should remember me from AR- I talked to several times. I can be contacted by pm

Jim

I will call him tomorrow.
brant
I've got to put in 2 cents.....

Mike is the nicest guy
and that car rocks!

he rebuilts the motor to get it where it's at.
and it IS fast!

boy is it fast....

also people should know how nice Mike is.
I had trouble with my tow vehicle last year.
Mike didn't even know me......
but he ran us back and forth to town....
bought all kinds of parts and helped.

definitely a good soul!

brant
jaminM3
That car is what my car strives to be.. Que dramatic music and sobbing..

Seriously nice. What kind of motor does he have in it?
LowGT
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 20 2007, 10:30 PM) *

surprised you don't recognize yer fellow Texan.

I've only been in TX for a couple years, I'm fairly new on the 914 scene. beerchug.gif
Grngoat
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 21 2007, 02:47 PM) *

Seriously nice. What kind of motor does he have in it?

It's a 3.2 and a heckuva nice car. And a heckuva nice guy too, as mentioned previously.
old914dog
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentWOW
I have not been here in awhile...need to work for living. Thanks for the nice comments about "old blue." The car was primarily built by a gentleman who unfortunately lived in a area where 914's were not so well known. Frustration, I believe, set in due to not having good mechanics and friends like Wes Hildreth(pictured), Rich Johnson and Clay and others. The car had several bugs to work out and we are about there. It does sometimes have the teener disease of "jackstanditus." But, I refuse to let it stay there and go drive it.....and got caught in the rain , at night, with my wife and no windshield wipers! The Car is a dream for me. I am a long time 914 lover. I have a 74 2.0 that I bought new in Shreveport, LA. I thought I would always love that car, but "old blue" has stolen my emotions. It is quicker than a stock 2 liter. The cars are a great attraction for me, but the people are what makes it. I have had so much help I can't thank all of them. Good folks at the AR in Abq. Really enjoyed the trip and hope to make the Moab run, if work allows. later mike
I attached a pic of a bear we saw when we came down off Sandia Peak. Notice that the "bear detector" went off.
jim_hoyland
Hi Mike,

I remember you saying there was a bear alongside the road, nice pic.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.