Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do you think my car is worth ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
here it is and it is the car that is my avatar

New rear brakes
New porterfield RS-4 front brakes
New koni yellows all four corners
New welt 140# springs
New terry clutch cable ( not installed )
New terry accel cable ( not installed )
New alternator belt ( not installed ) , but a new belt is on the car
New rear targa seal
New H-4 headlights
New vacuum lines and fuel lines
Newer tires maybe 2000 miles on them
New solid engine mounts
New solid trans mounts

I recently put in a new 2.0L engine it came out of a 60,000 org mile car that brad mayer checked over and compression tested and resealed .new rotor , cap , belt , plug wires , points, plugs , vacuum and fuel lines. runs great!!

Trans has swepco in it

Older items that are notable

19mm master cylinder
Bmw brake upgrade
SS brake lines
Turbo tie rods
K&N air filter
Bursch exhaust
SS heat exchangers
All new shift rod bushings
Newer windshield by previous owner
Newer Bumper tops
911 clutch
Newer FI ecu

Very tastefully done 3rd brake light ( I actually have to point it out to most people )

I would say a very clean car … longs , hell hole and battery tray were taken care of before I got the car ,still extremely solid. Pans are 95 +% rust free .. rear trunk has very small amount of surface rust . front trunk is clean.

Updated speakers behind the original grills , no holes hacked into the doors .

Fog lights

4 lug fuchs (5)

Triple gauge center consol

Rear window defroster

D JET is installed and running great

Overall good paint still has a good shine but not perfect paint prob 6-7 years old .

Dash has minimal cracks 2 maybe 3 small ones total

Interior is a high 7 out of 10 .

The odometer actually works !!

73Phoenix20
Minimum $9K...

Maximum... Well, there seems to be a lot of interest in 1973 2.0's...

If you had the original Window Sticker and Owners Manual, etc., I would say you could sell it for $15K or better...

Probably get a quick sale for $10 to $12K...
sk8kat1
I have orginal owners manual in the orginal cover with the little stamp plate that is issued to the buer from the dealer all in excellent condition .. but no window sticker
sk8kat1
icon_bump.gif
johannes
Pics ?
Ferg
without pics of the rust, and a better idea of the cosmetic's it's all just a guess.

Ferg beerchug.gif
sk8kat1
A non serious rust around jacking dounuts ... no pan rust , surface rust in very small area of rear trunk , no rust in front trunk -- rust was already repaiered in hell hole and longs and jack posts were replaced ... no fire wall rust ... basicly a pretty clean car . only pic i have available is the avatar ...
Bartlett 914
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling your car. Seems you hardly had it long enough to enjoy it after finally getting things together and working properly. I watch e-bay. This seems to be a good indicator on what is selling. I haven't seen your car. Paint is a very important issue. This will make a big difference on the sale. I have seen some really nice cars sell in the 7K range. The price does seem to be going up. If you decide to sell, I wish you the best of luck.
beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
As I have repeatedly written, YOUR car is worth precisely what SOMEONE is willing to pay for it, no more, no less. You find a guy willing to pay $50K for it, that's what it's worth at that moment. You can't find anyone willing to pay over 35 bucks, then that's what it's worth. This is a question we field almost weekly, and the answer's ALWAYS the SAME. It matters not what you've spent, nor what you've done to the car (even the so-called "upgrades"). What matters is the level of desire on the part of the buyer, and where it intersects with the level of willingness to sell on the part of the seller. I can't believe the delusional statement I often hear: "My car was worth $10K, but I let it go for 5". What they mean is "I had 15 in it, was asking 10, and took 5". IT WAS WORTH 5! BTW, the more you've "personalized" it, the less it tends to be "worth". End of rant. The Cap'n
73Phoenix20
Hmmmm... well, the above statement May be true , If you have to sell a car "Right Now, as in a given window of time, and there are only "x" buyers out there willing to payt "y" dollars for it...

However, our 914's Do have a "General" Value", based on primarily, originality and overall condition... And if the seller is willing to correctly market the car, he or she will receive the corresponding market correct price for it!

Not like going out to buy a 1999 Kia... unless the 914 has been kept like a Kia! Drove hard and put away wet!!!
sk8kat1
well captin .. I was looking for an exact value it was more of a ball park so I don't get screwed or make it seem like I am trying to srew someone buy over pricing the car .. how post have been put up on this site about " this guy must be out of his f-ing mind asking that much for that car" .. that is all .. end of my rant
G e o r g e
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:26 AM) *

well captain .. I wasn't looking for an exact value it was more of a ball park so I don't get screwed or make it seem like I am trying to screw someone buy over pricing the car .. how post have been put up on this site about " this guy must be out of his f-ing mind asking that much for that car" .. that is all .. end of my rant

Mike,

then you need to just ask the question , if i put my car for sale at 10K would you guys think I'm crazy?

let the responses play out and you will get a wide variety of responses

hell, just list it at what you want for it. who cares if every nut job on here (myself included ) thinks your crazy. I believe that is what the Captain is saying anyways.
914-8
of course you can get a reasonable range on the value of the car. for example, it is worth more than $35.00, but less than $50,000.

but it's kinda hard without any pics and a limited description. but with an engine out of a different car with unclear history and apparently not rebuilt, no info given as to the condition of the trans, previously rusty but repaired, "good" but not great paint, and a 7 out of 10 interior, my guess is you are looking at a $6000 to $9500 car.
Ferg
QUOTE(914-8 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:57 AM) *

of course you can get a reasonable range on the value of the car. for example, it is worth more than $35.00, but less than $50,000.

but it's kinda hard without any pics and a limited description. but with an engine out of a different car with unclear history and apparently not rebuilt, no info given as to the condition of the trans, previously rusty but repaired, "good" but not great paint, and a 7 out of 10 interior, my guess is you are looking at a $6000 to $9500 car.

agree.gif

When a seller says A little bit of rust here or there, that means zip zero to me... as my idea of a little bit and the sellers are never the same. Same concept applies to the 7 of 10 scale on interior and "nice" paint ect. Useless phrases without Pics to back it up.

Ferg
pboerner914
QUOTE(George H. @ Jun 22 2007, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:26 AM) *

well captain .. I wasn't looking for an exact value it was more of a ball park so I don't get screwed or make it seem like I am trying to screw someone buy over pricing the car .. how post have been put up on this site about " this guy must be out of his f-ing mind asking that much for that car" .. that is all .. end of my rant

Mike,

then you need to just ask the question , if i put my car for sale at 10K would you guys think I'm crazy?

let the responses play out and you will get a wide variety of responses

I'M with Captn Krusty.......If u ask $10,000 , then u have set the stage... the buyer
can go with it or make u an offer. Suppy and Demand and Whats it worth to U. Ask toooo much and it will sit. Ask toooo little and you will hate yourself. If the buyer thinks its too much ....tell him to go the dealership and buy one ...maybe they are offering special financing???!!!

hell, just list it at what you want for it. who cares if every nut job on here (myself included ) thinks your crazy. I believe that is what the Captain is saying anyways.

rmital
I've noticed it could be a regional thing too...not many solid cars on the East Coast.

I see them listing high, sometimes around 10K...I'm sure they are eventually selling for much less.
Chris Pincetich
My formula for 914-4. Start at $5k base. Add receipts of new parts (<2 years) onto base. Subtract costs of repairs needed, mechanical & cosmetic (if paint is needed, $1k-3k). Now you have a fair price. My formula results in about $6.5k for you. Probably under market top value (if you are patient) and over some of the "deals/steals" out there.

I say keep it beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 22 2007, 01:28 PM) *

agree.gif best estimate yet rocking nana.gif
rmital
QUOTE(George H. @ Jun 22 2007, 02:36 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 22 2007, 01:28 PM) *

agree.gif best estimate yet rocking nana.gif

agree.gif too...unless your just sick to death of the car and it brings you no joy.

I could use more cash in my pocket now...but, that will probably change soon....always does...
KELTY360
You're not allowed to sell til the POR15 wears off your skin. biggrin.gif
swl
best advise is to have a look at the classified and see what things are selling for. Gwen's Dad has had a nice 1.7 that sounds similar to yours up for $8k obo for a while.

On ebay most of the cars that I have watched have gone for under 3.5 but deservedly so. Then we seem to make a jump up beyond 10 for the original unmolested variety. Original 6? hah! noone can afford it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.