Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i was at the yard today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vanaman
Well i go junkyarding regularly. and i went into one of my normal yards and stare upon this beuty
IPB Image
it is a 71 4 banger. basically crap. but some good parts.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

how much would those bumpers be worth? i can get them at a reasonable price.
anyone see anything they want?
steve
1970 Neun vierzehn
Hmmm, methinks itsa 1972.

I'm sure there are a bunch of bits and pieces that can be removed easily with a screwdriver or a set of sockets that could find good homes.
type47
hey! stop! you gotta go back! in that pic of the engine back is the ECU bracket that Dave Darling posted about needing one! biggrin.gif
vanaman
if you want a specific part tell me and i can go pull it tommorow.

steve
vanaman
what parts that you can see are worth good money?

steve
scrz914
[quote]what parts that you can see are worth good money?[quote]

Bumpers, lenses, sail trim (if not bent when lifted), door handles (inner/outer), possibly the door panels if not cut or soggy, rear trunk button.

Just a few items that teeners seem to always need.
vanaman
well all the lens are crap and the outer door handles dont work.

steve
rjames
I'd be interested in the bumpers & bumper tops...
Cap'n Krusty
Snag the MPS, just in case it's good (at least pull and hold a vacuum on it!). Even broken door handles are worth something, and Mark B can use'em for cores. Inside door handles are getting hard to come by. The Cap'n
SGB
I don't need 'em, but for resale, the brake ca;ipers could be pulled, and make sure you get that ECU bracket for DD. Someone else will have to ID it for you though,,,
Headlight motors are pretty easy to unbolt
recently someone was looking for a timing mark cover there on the cooling fan housing.
Also those visors and brackets are in demand if they are not crap.,
fitsbain
If you can get the windshield cheap, I'll come and picl it up from you, and buy you a bear for your trouble. Will pay for windshield too. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Rhodyguy got me the bracket. smile.gif Thanks for thinking of me, though!

--DD
vanaman
the visors are crap. and the motor will proly be gone by tommorow. the yard pulls the motor before they put it out to the yard. it was fresh this afternoon.

steve
markb
If you can get any of the locks & handles cheap, I'll buy them from you. If they're broken, I can always use them for cores, and I'm always in need of wafers to re-key with.
lotus_65
looks like the windshield weatherstripping might be good. If carefully removed and intact, I'd spend a couple pence on it.

Paul
vanaman
went back today. got a good amount of stuff. for a little bit o money.
I got all the trim, both outer handles, both inner handles, and the fog grills.
the Door panels looked pretty good. and there was an 8 track player in the glovebox. if you want the door panels i can go back.

well it looks like my phone didnt save the pic of the panels.
Is there any intrest in the hubcaps or that odd centercap?
IPB Image
IPB Image
steve
G e o r g e
how is the front bumper? straight, no dents? idea.gif
vanaman
QUOTE(George H. @ Jun 22 2007, 02:41 PM) *

how is the front bumper? straight, no dents? idea.gif

I was going to pull the bumpers but the bolts are rusted too badly. and also the front has a good dent.

steve
G e o r g e
hey i have 3 of the center cap if you want them to make a matching set

they fit rivs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.