Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber 44idf Question:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Shouldn't they only spit gas @ throttle opening? Is there a setting I'm missing?
Dave_Darling
Either the accelerator pumps are leaking, or the linkage to them is too tight and the vibrations of the engine at idle are pushing them just a little bit.

--DD
ptravnic
Thanks DD. They are OK @ idle (ie, no gas spitting) so I'm pretty confident they are not leaking. The linkage to them may be in question...

Jake Raby
Sounds like you have some engine harmonic issues... did you have this engine dynamically balanced?

Dribbling accelerator pumps make for an untunable engine that always runs rich- no matter what and if harmonics are causing it there is no total cure for it..
ptravnic
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 22 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Sounds like you have some engine harmonic issues... did you have this engine dynamically balanced?

No, it's a somewhat unknown engine BUT it ran fairly strong across the RPM range with the old FI on it.

Dribbling accelerator pumps make for an untunable engine that always runs rich- no matter what and if harmonics are causing it there is no total cure for it..

Jake Raby
harmonics won't make injectors dribble :-)
Allan
Check your floats.
ptravnic
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 22 2007, 10:55 PM) *

Check your floats.

I set them to 10mm, should it be different?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.