Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help shipping parts to europe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
Out of the blue I get an email for some wheels I had posted a couple of months ago. He requested pics and then liked what he saw. He seems eager and wants to pay. I am skeptical. Anyone ever do business going that away? What is the best method to ship wheels there? He wants my IBAN and BIC #'s for payment. I'm not sure what these are. What is the best method of payment? He has given me his tele. I know a while back some of us got screwed by someone in England or something like that.
Thanks
Andy
GWN7
They have Credit Cards in the UK. Have him open a paypal account and have him pay you for the wheels thru them.

Then transfer the money from paypal to your bank account (set up a single account for this).

It dosen't cost him anything to pay thru paypal (costs you 4.5% or something like that).

Never give out account numbers to anyone.
Gustl
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Jun 22 2007, 03:15 AM) *

He wants my IBAN and BIC #'s for payment. I'm not sure what these are.

IBAN = International Bank Account Number
BIC = Bank Identifier Code

these codes are for a standardised and highly secure bank transfer with very little side-costs (perfect for international online transactions)
but I think this system currently only works for Europe idea.gif
the USA should have already realized this system - but they didn't slap.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
boxstr
A wire transfer is a very secure and fool proof way to receive funds from a buyer.
I do this when I sell cars to some one outside the USA.
Its not a big deal. As soon as the funds are in your account, your bank will notify you, then you send the buyer the goods.
CCLIN914NATION
Krieger
Thank you, thats a lot of good advice. I guess I need to decide if I want to ship these wheels, then talk to the guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.